We are about to see why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
A regular caller on our local sports talk radio show called in this morning and said "Over the next five weeks we're about to be reminded why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame."

He went on to say that most of the listening audience may not be old enough to remember. But he's of the age where he remembers from a national media standpoint, Notre Dame WAS THE only headline on the front page of the sports page or the front running story on the sports segment. When you said "college football" it was the equivalent of saying "Notre Dame". He said he remembered if you weren't a Notre Dame fan you got so sick of Notre Dame being worked into every college football conversation from a national media standpoint.

He said he thinks over the next five weeks until January 7th. In hopes to rid the sour taste of the SEC fatigue from their mouth, they (the media) are going to push Notre Dame and their greatness down everybody's throats.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That's fine with me.

Hype them up, spend a bunch of time doing Sportscenter segments and documentaries on their campus.

Ignore Alabama. Blatantly pull for Notre Dame. Shine all the spotlight on them.

All that matters is what happens on January 7th. Nothing would be sweeter than to absolutely crush everyone's hopes and dreams of a Notre Dame win.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The general media take that I've seen is basically a has-been meets the premier program in college football. Will Notre Dang rise from the ashes or is this just a temporary flash in the pan.

Until they beat us, and I don't think that's going to happen, they are the upstart contender, we are the defending champs. Sure, they've got a fine history behind the Notre Dang name, but Bama doesn't take a backseat on that bus to anyone, not even the Domers.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You don't think anyone that is not a Bama fan feels the some way about us?
The caller who said this is an LSU fan and he said "As much as I can't stand Alabama and how it seems the media loves them. It doesn't even come close to how much they adore Notre Dame."

So I think as much as people outside the SEC are tired of the SEC it seems it still isn't to the same level as the lovefest for Notre Dame. I guess we're about to see aren't we?

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You don't think anyone that is not a Bama fan feels the some way about us?
It is different now with cable tv, lots more games to watch on the weekend. Back in the day Notre Dame was the only game on tv, it seemed like. That is why I have a special distaste for them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The hatred for Notre Dame has never died out in the Midwest. B1G fans are torn - root for the SEC, which owns us, or root for the one team that you have hated your entire lives.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Reminds me of the Syracuse talk and ink in December 1952. Of course, there was a ton less of it, but what was there was the same as now. One would have thought Syracuse had invented football, and Bama had never played a game.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The hatred for Notre Dame has never died out in the Midwest. B1G fans are torn - root for the SEC, which owns us, or root for the one team that you have hated your entire lives.
If find this funny in that this has historically been my dilemma every time ND played a B10 team. Not so much anymore, but the feeling is still latent. :wink:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I went into the basement of a relative years ago that went to ND and there were 2 things that stuck out, one was a banner from the 1966 season and the other were these little pillows on the couch saying, "it's hard to be humble when you went to ND"!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
A regular caller on our local sports talk radio show called in this morning and said "Over the next five weeks we're about to be reminded why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame."

He went on to say that most of the listening audience may not be old enough to remember. But he's of the age where he remembers from a national media standpoint, Notre Dame WAS THE only headline on the front page of the sports page or the front running story on the sports segment. When you said "college football" it was the equivalent of saying "Notre Dame". He said he remembered if you weren't a Notre Dame fan you got so sick of Notre Dame being worked into every college football conversation from a national media standpoint.

He said he thinks over the next five weeks until January 7th. In hopes to rid the sour taste of the SEC fatigue from their mouth, they (the media) are going to push Notre Dame and their greatness down everybody's throats.
I can tolerate that sour taste. Let's give them the BIG head, thinking that there is any way they are going to lose to Bama. All Bama people need to do the same thing. Notre Dame is just too tough for Bama. Mr. Te'o is just tooooo tough for us to handle. We'll need at least 6 blockers on him on each play. Their offense is just toooo good for Bama's defense.

Didn't this happen in 1992 against Miami? We just didn't have a chance against those Hurricanes in '92. We just don't have a chance against Noter Dumb! I just can't see why Bama is favored. That needs to change. It's going to be so bad, they'll beat us like we beat the Barn!

On January 7, 2013, the media will be saying "what happened to God's team?" My only explanation is that God's team is in Tuscaloosa, not the bend on the south side of Chicago.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Reminds me of the Syracuse talk and ink in December 1952. Of course, there was a ton less of it, but what was there was the same as now. One would have thought Syracuse had invented football, and Bama had never played a game.[/QUOTE My first cousin played in that game for alabama.]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.