Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Interesting interview with Terry Saban...

Great interview! Talk about a contrast between this interview and the video of Malzahn's wife... so glad I'm on this side of the fence.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
    Great interview! Talk about a contrast between this interview and the video of Malzahn's wife... so glad I'm on this side of the fence.
    I was thinking the same thing. Mrs. Malzahn is not the type of lady that I would want to be called the "First Lady" of Alabama football. She was plumb silly.
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for sharing....what a classy lady....charming, funny, articulate, informative....I could go on and on. And I did like her answer right after the 13:00 minute mark!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wanted to post something like "I love that lady" or something, but that would be really creepy.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

She is as genuine a person as you'll ever meet. My wife had had some dealings with her in the past and she was the same as she was on the radio today. Mrs. Saban said she and Nick were blessed to be here. I'd say we are just as blessed by her presence in T-town.
    Classy, classy lady.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by UAME View Post
    Saban's disposition doesn't fit the role of the modern day athletic director, which is to say that he isn't at his best when he has to smell poop and then try to convince someone it smells like roses. AD's are now, more than anything (and more importantly than anything), fundraisers. That means schmoozing the boosters, working the crowd, playing the socialite role in the press boxes and luncheons. Do YOU see Coach Saban aspiring to do that?
    Do YOU see Coach Saban failing at anything he puts his mind to?
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Interesting interview with Terry Saban...

First post here...

My wife and i met her at her house around the first of the year. Our private school had coach Saban as a speaker and we took some items for him to autograph. She welcomed us into their home and even showed us the recruiting room. Very nice lady and a great compliment to her husband and the University of Alabama!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

From everything I've ever read, seen, and heard about Mrs. Terry, I am SO glad she is "ours." She is an amazing representative of the University, and we will never be embarrassed by her, unlike some folks we know...
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation First Team Crimson57s's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One word comes to mind every time I see or hear Ms. Terry: CLASS.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by p'colabamaman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Mrs. Malzahn is not the type of lady that I would want to be called the "First Lady" of Alabama football. She was plumb silly.
    That's what I was thinking. No similarity between Mrs Saban and Mrs Malzahn.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    That's what I was thinking. No similarity between Mrs Saban and Mrs Malzahn.
    Or Rita...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Or Rita...
    Shula's wife? She looked pretty good. Can't recall ever hearing her speak though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Or Rita...
    Saw a recent pic of Rita. Somebody has done a makeover on her and she looks a lot better, lost the big hair look, bet hair spray sales are down in Tucson.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner