DJ Fluker told Jarvis Jones we are running his way.

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
Hope this has not already been posted. I did a search and found nothing on it. I saw the Palmer and Pollack awards show last night and they had on JJ of UGA. They asked him about Bama's offensive line an which one he liked best (weired phrasing I know). He said Fluker, as he is really big and strong. He said Fluker would even say we are running it right behind me on this play! DJ was so pumped up he was telling JJ which way the ball was going.....now TRY and stop it! Awesome! To me will go down in Bama lore. I know this sounds like a tall tale (which makes it more awesome) but you can check it out yourselves on the replay!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: DJ Fluker told Jarvis Jones we are running this way.

Hope this has not already been posted. I did a search and found nothing on it. I saw the Palmer and Pollack awards show last night and they had on JJ of UGA. They asked him about Bama's offensive line an which one he liked best (weired phrasing I know). He said Fluker, as he is really big and strong. He said Fluker would even say we are running it right behind me on this play! DJ was so pumped up he was telling JJ which way the ball was going.....now TRY and stop it! Awesome! To me will go down in Bama lore. I know this sounds like a tall tale (which makes it more awesome) but you can check it out yourselves on the replay!
That's great. That may go up there with the Marty Lyons "you better pass" comment to PSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Jenkins said after the game that he had never faced a lineman as dominant as Fluker and asked him what technique he had used in the game.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Jenkins said after the game that he had never faced a lineman as dominant as Fluker and asked him what technique he had used in the game.
I think he used the "I'm gonna run over you little man" technique.:)

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

Why would he need to ask what technique was used? Wasn't he one of the one's who was experiencing it? Surely, he knows enough about football to recognize what was being done to him. He just couldn't stop it.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Love it! That goes along with Saban's mindset - that it don't matter if the defense knows what's coming - if you execute, it'll work! And Fluker was bringing it, too!

bmfcox

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 23, 2012

Too bad he's not that great at pass blocking?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Fluker was playing like a man possessed that game.
I hope he plays like a man possessed in the next one. Te'o, please line up in front of him!:BigA:
It's like an 18 wheeler coming at you. If you don't move you are going to get run over.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Why would he need to ask what technique was used? Wasn't he one of the one's who was experiencing it? Surely, he knows enough about football to recognize what was being done to him. He just couldn't stop it.
His comments said that he had never been blocked the way that Fluker and Steen were double teaming him. It had something to do with the way Steen was pushing him perfectly into Fluker's block. Apparently we have revolutionized run blocking haha.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

I hope he plays like a man possessed in the next one. Te'o, please line up in front of him!:BigA:
It's like an 18 wheeler coming at you. If you don't move you are going to get run over.
OH YEAH!!!!
I can't WAIT to see that match-up!

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Pretty cool in retrospect that he was able to tell supposedly the best defensive player in the SEC where we were running and Jones couldn't stop it.

But, can someone help me understand why Fluker would do that in the first place? I mean, it's not like we were up by 30 points and the game was over. That was a dog fight to the end. We were 4 yards away from losing that game, and we failed to get that last 1st down when we really needed it to close out the game.

Why would you tell a defender that?

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Fluker was playing like a man possessed that game.
This is awesome, and I agree.
He and Lacy both played possessed...I know the whole team played awesome, (and I'm not overlooking efforts of others like Williams, Mosely, Vogler, Clinton-Dix, Jones, Yeldon and Cooper particularly in the second half), but Lacy & Fluker both stood out to me in how they played the whole game.
Total attitude and purpose, all game.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

We'll be talking about that second half O line dominance 20 years from now.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Pretty cool in retrospect that he was able to tell supposedly the best defensive player in the SEC where we were running and Jones couldn't stop it.

But, can someone help me understand why Fluker would do that in the first place? I mean, it's not like we were up by 30 points and the game was over. That was a dog fight to the end. We were 4 yards away from losing that game, and we failed to get that last 1st down when we really needed it to close out the game.

If you were the defender, would you necessarily believe him?? (LOL)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

If ye've ever played the game, ye may understand. Seriously though, it's part of the game. In games I've played, we did it to them and yes, they did it to us. It's really a part of every game.. the trash talk in the trenches. Especially when you've proven a point. You keep doing it. Football really IS a game of wills.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.