Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Re: My first post from an A&M graduate - Please do the world a favor

This is why our board is called "IrishEnvy."

Don't worry aggie fan, your boy will win the Heisman, and then all of the other awards won't matter to you. When it comes down to it, the record books will say who won the Heisman. Regarding player awards, that is really what matters, and JF will get his recognition. And JF will also be breaking new ground. Settle down.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American i26bamafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    My dislike goes back when the sports media voted Notre Dames' Huarte for Heisman instead of Namath. They both went with the Jets and I am not sure if Huarte ever played a down.

Then to make matters worse in 1966, Bama is undefeated and untied and the media voted for Notre Dame and Michigan State as the #1 teams. The two had tied when I believe Notre Dame would not go for two to win. If would have given Bama three straight national championships.
    I remember 1966...Research it and you will find out that the slobering golden domers
    were told early in the week, DON't Lose and we (the idiot AP) will vote you "1.
    So, they had the ball in michigan state teritory for about 3 minutes and sat on the
    ball and got the tie to (WIN). Ron

Not to hijack this post and turn it into a Heisman discussion, but since it's already been brought up.....

To me, the Heisman ain't what it used to be. Even though i think it's cool that we finally got one with Ingram, it has become nothing but a popularity contest. Of course, you have to be good to be in the discussion, but think about it this way: If we're trying to say the winner is the "best" or "most valuable" player in college football, then who are the true best judges of bestowing that designation? I say it's the people who fork out a ton of their hard earned dollars to pay players to play in the pro's - in other words, the people who draft you to the NFL. Having said that, I seriously doubt that any of the 3 Heisman finalists would be the number 1 pick in the draft (and I know Johnny isn't eligible yet, i mean whenever a player enters the draft), which is another way of saying you're the "best player". I know some will have strong opinions to the contrary, but you have to admit - if you were picking players for your own personal college team, would you start with either of these 3 guys? I wouldn't. I might like to have them on my team, but they wouldn't be the first pick. Just sayin'.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    My dislike goes back when the sports media voted Notre Dames' Huarte for Heisman instead of Namath. They both went with the Jets and I am not sure if Huarte ever played a down.

Then to make matters worse in 1966, Bama is undefeated and untied and the media voted for Notre Dame and Michigan State as the #1 teams. The two had tied when I believe Notre Dame would not go for two to win. If would have given Bama three straight national championships.
    If Notre Dame had gone for 2 and made it they would have been unbeaten and untied and still voted ahead of Bama. If they had missed it Michigan State would have won and been unbeaten and untied and voted #1. With Notre Dame electing to tie, that left Bama as the only undefeated and untied. The media was not going to vote Bama 3 years in a row if they had anyone else they could vote for so voted both ahead of Bama and left it at that. If I had been a Michigan State fan I believe I would have been mad too but.... we will curb stomp them in a month or so and be happy with that! ROLL TIDE ROLL and GIG' EM!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAg1 View Post
    ---snip---I hope Lacy leaves foot prints all over Teo's body.
    Whoa I like it!

That brings up a whole mini-story within' the game itself....Eddie against Manti....winner takes all!

You know I'm a HUGE Eddie Lacy fan. He's nothing short of amazing.

Thanks for your post Electric.....now I have an additional aspect of the game to look forward to!

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Welcome to Tidefans Aggie fans. Sure hope Johnny Football wins the Heisman. Mante Te'o is a very good ILB, but if he did not play for ND and did not have a story around him (unfortunate loss of his GM and girlfriend almost together), he would not have won much. Believe me, if the miserable Domerphiles could have, they would have given him the QB only award too.

I find it nauseating how the media fawn over ND. 60-70 years ago they were a great team. Fine. Done nothing in 30 years and their schedule this year was only mediocre at best. A 5 loss USC team is not competition. Stanford fair enough OK. Anything against a Big Ten team except Ohio State does not qualify as tough.

Alabama have just got to squash these pretenders to great football.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation First Team

Johnny Football could play linebacker tomorrow and do better than Te'o.

BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Mayans.
    Actually....

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAg1 View Post
    and curb stomp the Irish off the planet. That is all. Watching the media praise Notre Dame for their undefeated record while
    ignoring the fact they played an extremely easy schedule.... well lets just say I hope Lacy leaves foot prints all over Teo's body.
    God...I do too!

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    if you were picking players for your own personal college team, would you start with either of these 3 guys? I wouldn't. I might like to have them on my team, but they wouldn't be the first pick. Just sayin'.
    It starts with the coach and scheme, but from there though, I would be picking Johnny Football first if I chose to run Sumlin and co's offense. How could you argue you would pick someone else? It was good enough to win over Bama, just sayin'.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    The only reason Te'O is in the Heisman discussion is that he plays for Notre Dame. He's a great linebacker but the Heisman Trophy ? Please.
    That is exactly correct. Te'o won't even be the best linebacker on the field during the BCS championship game, much less the best player in the country. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player, but I wouldn't trade C.J. for him.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    The only reason Te'O is in the Heisman discussion is that he plays for Notre Dame. He's a great linebacker but the Heisman Trophy ? Please.
    A few seasons ago our starting inside linebacker,tony taylor had the same exact stats as teo. While playing one less game due to injury!! Of course tony never got his big invitation to new york. The only reason teo has garnered all these awards and got all this heisman consideration is because he plays for notre dame.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

I was pretty sure manziel would win the heisman a couple days ago. However,now im not so sure. Im really starting to think teo is gonna steal this thing and that exactly what it would be. Once again all because he plays at notre dame.