Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My first post from an A&M graduate - Please do the world a favor

I'm another Fightin' Texas Aggie making his first post. I'm also a Bama Dad (and y'all made my daughter a football fan in her first semester at Bama - something I failed to do).

First, I really admire and appreciate your university and fan base. I was at our game in T-Town and you were incredibly gracious hosts. Now, it's easy to be gracious when you believe you're going to beat the crap out of the other team. It's much harder when the other team wins. However, Tide fans were at their best when you lost. You were congratulatory, complementary, and just darn nice (i.e., I don't think I met any Finebaum callers).

Several Bammers told me they hoped we would become good rivals. I hope we're good enough in the coming years to earn a rivalry. It would be... different to have a rival we respected.

Tonight, our freshman QB made history for A&M, the SEC, and the NCAA. I don't think it's a stretch to think that our QB would be watching the Heisman from College Station if we had not been welcomed into the SEC. So glad to be here.

I hope y'all beat the ever living, ever loving, yankee, football fraud, drunken irish hell out of ND. RTR and Gig 'Em!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAB83 View Post
    I'm another Fightin' Texas Aggie making his first post. I'm also a Bama Dad (and y'all made my daughter a football fan in her first semester at Bama - something I failed to do).

First, I really admire and appreciate your university and fan base. I was at our game in T-Town and you were incredibly gracious hosts. Now, it's easy to be gracious when you believe you're going to beat the crap out of the other team. It's much harder when the other team wins. However, Tide fans were at their best when you lost. You were congratulatory, complementary, and just darn nice (i.e., I don't think I met any Finebaum callers).

Several Bammers told me they hoped we would become good rivals. I hope we're good enough in the coming years to earn a rivalry. It would be... different to have a rival we respected.

Tonight, our freshman QB made history for A&M, the SEC, and the NCAA. I don't think it's a stretch to think that our QB would be watching the Heisman from College Station if we had not been welcomed into the SEC. So glad to be here.

I hope y'all beat the ever living, ever loving, yankee, football fraud, drunken irish hell out of ND. RTR and Gig 'Em!
    Solid post! Gig 'em & RTR!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    If Notre Dame had gone for 2 and made it they would have been unbeaten and untied and still voted ahead of Bama. If they had missed it Michigan State would have won and been unbeaten and untied and voted #1. With Notre Dame electing to tie, that left Bama as the only undefeated and untied. The media was not going to vote Bama 3 years in a row if they had anyone else they could vote for so voted both ahead of Bama and left it at that. If I had been a Michigan State fan I believe I would have been mad too but.... we will curb stomp them in a month or so and be happy with that! ROLL TIDE ROLL and GIG' EM!!!
    Crazy--Neither Michigan State's nor Notre Dame's 1966 teams even played in a bowl game.

The #7-ranked Boilermakers earned their first-ever Rose Bowl berth after going 82, (61 Big Ten) and finishing second in the Big Ten Conference. League champion Michigan State had gone unbeaten at 70 in league play, but was barred from returning to Pasadena under the Big Ten's "no-repeat" rule. Purdue's only losses had come at the hands of both Michigan State and Notre Dame, who had played to atie on November 19.

Notre Dame believed that bowl games infringed upon Academics and did not play in them until the late 1960s