Early Morning Game Day Withdrawal

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just feels so weird, you know? No big games to talk about, no bundle of nerves or anticipation of the result. I know our boys need some rest, but it's almost like taking the fix away from an addict.

Anybody else?

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006
Ohhh yes! Even with the anticipation of the NC game, this is a sad time for me in a way. This dead time marks the annual commencement of the dreaded 8-month stretch of basketball and baseball, with tiny oases of signing day and the A-Day game until the next season.

Thank God for the NFL Channel.

Gandalff

2nd Team
Mar 28, 2012
Santa Marinella, Italy
Well, since I am in active Navy service today there is is the traditional Army Navy game to keep me busy for an extra week end of college football before BCS :)

Go Navy!!!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know what you mean, Bill. Since I do not watch professional football, I guess I will tune into the golf channel more until the bowl season starts.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Gandalff,
Thanks for your service to our country. We appreciate it. I know there are sacrifices that you and your family make for all of us over the holidays. Thanks again.
I can't think of a major rivalry game I haven't attended over the years, but none impacted me more than the Army-Navy game in the late 70's. Seeing the cadets marching into the stadium was incredibly moving.
I hope Navy plays well today but my allegiance still lies with the Army. But in honor of your service, I will offer an enthusiastic GO NAVY! God Bless them all.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I appreciate the pageantry and tradition of the Army-Navy game, but the actual game is usually unbearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Huzzah for you, Gandalff. My dad was career Navy and I try to watch every year. I never served, but still seem to manage to get something in my eye every year when they play the Navy Blue and Gold. Go Navy.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Army Navy game is one, love the uniforms they have this year. Other than the overall tradition of the game, I really don't care for watching it. I hate when football season ends lol

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
What am I going to do this morning? I guess now I will have to pick the lent off my winter sweaters or paint the mailbox. These are dark days without college football.

2bseen

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2007
lake guntersville
Wife just asked if I was going to be ok today. I went to every game this yr and the off week we went to the beach for the weekend. This is the first sat I have been home since aug.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I like having my Saturday back..especially around the holidays. We have a birthday party today, then my husband and I are finally able to have a "date" night. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.