Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 176
  1. #1
    BamaNation First Team dabaxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    When do you think Saban will retire?

    I know this is looming at some point. When do you think it will be? After this national title? Or after the next?
    I predict it will be after the next NC, not this upcoming one, but who knows?

    I think the recent Terri Saban comments about Kirby Smart suggest this is coming sooner than later.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cullman, Al
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Maybe after he has retired every current SEC coach.

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-SEC CoolBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hoover
    Posts
    1,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by dabaxter View Post
    I know this is looming at some point. When do you think it will be? After this national title? Or after the next?
    I predict it will be after the next NC, not this upcoming one, but who knows?

    I think the recent Terri Saban comments about Kirby Smart suggest this is coming sooner than later.
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

    Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    It's a legitimate question. The answer is: Whenever he wants. That could be in 10 years. It could be the day after the title game. His call.

  6. #5
    BamaNation First Team dabaxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Starter

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    Believe me. I don't want him to retire anytime soon! The program is in the best shape it's been since the 70's.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    I am of two minds on this...he does have that much left, but I'm not at all convinced he has any intention of using it all up. I think the end of his current contract, if not a year or two sooner. 2015-2016, especially if Bama wins this year and wins another in that time span, might be possible. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating that feat, in this day and age. The stress will get to him sooner rather than later, at his age.

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-SEC CoolBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hoover
    Posts
    1,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Big A Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    It's a legitimate question. The answer is: Whenever he wants. That could be in 10 years. It could be the day after the title game. His call.
    Does anyone watch any of the the coach's shows? Hey Coach? The Nick Saban Show? Press Conferences? This 60 year old man is as young and vibrant an I am (46)...driven like a blizzard in fact. The only thing that would slow him down would be any health issue and he looks like he's in good shape to me. No, this coach will be around for a long, long time and I am just tickled pink about it.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

    Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

  9. #8
    FB|BB Moderator dayhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pell City, AL
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    I want him to hang around long enough for us to be able to sport our own, "Fear The Thumb," t-shirts. How cool would that be with a NC ring on 4 fingers and playing for a 5th?

  10. #9
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Afghanistan, by way of Jasper, AL
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    If it's any time soon, we may be able to get Paul Johnson.



    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

  11. #10
    BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Life is good when something like this is one of the few things you have to worry about. ™

  12. #11
    FB|BB Moderator dayhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pell City, AL
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    If it's any time soon, we may be able to get Paul Johnson.



    I heard Spurrier was spotted at the Bright Star

  13. #12
    BamaNation All-SEC GP for Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    The answer, of course, is as long as he wants.
    If Bama continues to be sucessful and the players keep following his guidance...it could be another 7-8 years.
    I think it is always important to sucessful coaches that they be appreciated and not taken for granted. They don't like fans to become critical if there is a small bump in the road. Example: fans saying coaches blew A&M game because of play calls.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

    2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

    Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    I am of two minds on this...he does have that much left, but I'm not at all convinced he has any intention of using it all up. I think the end of his current contract, if not a year or two sooner. 2015-2016, especially if Bama wins this year and wins another in that time span, might be possible. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating that feat, in this day and age. The stress will get to him sooner rather than later, at his age.
    I see it this way as well.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

    “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!