Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When do you think Saban will retire?

I know this is looming at some point. When do you think it will be? After this national title? Or after the next?
    I predict it will be after the next NC, not this upcoming one, but who knows?

I think the recent Terri Saban comments about Kirby Smart suggest this is coming sooner than later.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

Maybe after he has retired every current SEC coach.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dabaxter View Post
    I know this is looming at some point. When do you think it will be? After this national title? Or after the next?
    I predict it will be after the next NC, not this upcoming one, but who knows?

I think the recent Terri Saban comments about Kirby Smart suggest this is coming sooner than later.
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    It's a legitimate question. The answer is: Whenever he wants. That could be in 10 years. It could be the day after the title game. His call.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me. I don't want him to retire anytime soon! The program is in the best shape it's been since the 70's.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I am of two minds on this...he does have that much left, but I'm not at all convinced he has any intention of using it all up. I think the end of his current contract, if not a year or two sooner. 2015-2016, especially if Bama wins this year and wins another in that time span, might be possible. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating that feat, in this day and age. The stress will get to him sooner rather than later, at his age.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    It's a legitimate question. The answer is: Whenever he wants. That could be in 10 years. It could be the day after the title game. His call.
    Does anyone watch any of the the coach's shows? Hey Coach? The Nick Saban Show? Press Conferences? This 60 year old man is as young and vibrant an I am (46)...driven like a blizzard in fact. The only thing that would slow him down would be any health issue and he looks like he's in good shape to me. No, this coach will be around for a long, long time and I am just tickled pink about it.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Post Thanks / Like

I want him to hang around long enough for us to be able to sport our own, "Fear The Thumb," t-shirts. How cool would that be with a NC ring on 4 fingers and playing for a 5th?

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

If it's any time soon, we may be able to get Paul Johnson.

Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Life is good when something like this is one of the few things you have to worry about. ™

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    If it's any time soon, we may be able to get Paul Johnson.

I heard Spurrier was spotted at the Bright Star

Post Thanks / Like

The answer, of course, is as long as he wants.
    If Bama continues to be sucessful and the players keep following his guidance...it could be another 7-8 years.
    I think it is always important to sucessful coaches that they be appreciated and not taken for granted. They don't like fans to become critical if there is a small bump in the road. Example: fans saying coaches blew A&M game because of play calls.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    I am of two minds on this...he does have that much left, but I'm not at all convinced he has any intention of using it all up. I think the end of his current contract, if not a year or two sooner. 2015-2016, especially if Bama wins this year and wins another in that time span, might be possible. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating that feat, in this day and age. The stress will get to him sooner rather than later, at his age.
    I see it this way as well.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin