Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: AJC says Boston Globe reporting, Saban may go to Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux;2061715[COLOR=#333333
    I searched the Boston Globe site. Found nothing of sort.[/COLOR]
    I found this article from the Globe. It reads like make-believe. "....if this happens, that might happen, but might not.....(yawn)"

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...A0H/story.html
    Last edited by ccc2259; December 11th, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added link
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

I don't think he will leave for the NFL. I heard people on Finebaum use him leaving LSU for Miami as an example and like Finebaum said it is a bad example because it was something he had not done before and now he knows what the NFL is like and why would he go back. When people talk about him going to Miami and ending up at Alabama they act like he got fired and then came to Alabama, however, he willingly left Miami and came back to college. I might be surprised if he leaves, but I think this is just a distraction by the sports media, alot of them Notre Dame fans, so that the players won't be focused on the game and it will cause distractions for the coaching staff. There is alot that Coach Saban can still accomplish at Alabama and if he does decide to leave I hope he is successful in the NFL and if he went to Cleveland him and Trent can win a Super Bowl together, however, I don't think he will leave.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by cjhadley View Post
    I don't think he will leave for the NFL. I heard people on Finebaum use him leaving LSU for Miami as an example and like Finebaum said it is a bad example because it was something he had not done before and now he knows what the NFL is like and why would he go back. When people talk about him going to Miami and ending up at Alabama they act like he got fired and then came to Alabama, however, he willingly left Miami and came back to college. I might be surprised if he leaves, but I think this is just a distraction by the sports media, alot of them Notre Dame fans, so that the players won't be focused on the game and it will cause distractions for the coaching staff. There is alot that Coach Saban can still accomplish at Alabama and if he does decide to leave I hope he is successful in the NFL and if he went to Cleveland him and Trent can win a Super Bowl together, however, I don't think he will leave.
    I agree completely, Saban can do what he likes as far as I am concerned he has earned the right. If he stays I will be tickled to death, but if he leaves, then its been one hell of a ride and the best time in my life since the 70s. But I think/hope he stays.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: Scarbinsky: Saban's 'very content' at Alabama, Michael Lombardi says

Y'all go read Jess' article addressing this "rumor." It'll probably make you feel better or not.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Can the mods just close the thread so we can move on?

OK, go read Jess's new article and let's move on, thanks.

http://news.tidefans.com/2012/12/11/...-saban-rumors/
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Can the mods just close the thread so we can move on?
    Just want to address the plea for closing threads on TF. If it's a legitimate topic, it's fair game on our message board. As Jess correctly highlighted in his article, at some point, CNS WILL (not maybe or possibly) leave the Capstone... it may be next year, 10 years from now, or even longer than that. No one knows when that will be... maybe not even Saban himself at this point. Combine that with the fact that he is probably the most sought-after coach in the game and you'll conclude that this WILL be a topic of conversation nearly every offseason... whether people want it to be or not. By participating in threads like these, you are NOT hurting recruiting... nor are you questioning someone's loyalty. As always, there will be some fans who think one way and others who hold a completely opposite view on matters like this. If you don't like the conversation, I suggest you move on... but don't expect or demand it of other people.