Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Re: When do you think Saban will retire?

Well, The Bear did not retire until age 69, so take that for what it's worth.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

2. Advertisement

He needs to stay at least 20 years so he can be fully vested in the state retirement system.

I knew that it would be a slow month until the BCS championship, but I never thought we would reach to this point where we would be discussing Nick Saban's retirement plans in the near future.... Let's just appreciate what he has done for us while he is still with U of A and what he has done for the program. When he leave, he will be remembered for his legacy, his work with players, and his contribution to society.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

I hope CNS doesn't retire until after I marry a Super Model.

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I have'nt seen anyone mention the fact that he may be excited to participate for quite a few years in the new playoff system on the horizon? seems it would be even easier to get in the mix and win even more championships than might have been possible in the current system. not that I'm pro playoff, just food for thought

I believe 6 years or two bad season's. So, we are starting the second act.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When do you think Saban will retire?

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    I hope CNS doesn't retire until after I marry a Super Model.
    When do you plan on that happening?!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Why is everyone trying to retire our coach? I mean really. This guy has 10 maybe 15 years of good football coaching in him and every time I turn around I see this kind of lunacy.
    Because rival fans want him gone from Alabama. Simple as that.

Terry Saban said somethings that I expected.

- Coach Saban loved the game still, but the relief to joy balance is tilting towards relief as he gets older

- The believe that Coach Smart would get the train rolling, which tells me that Coach Saban wants Kirby Smrt.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; December 10th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Coach Saban will be here no more than 4 more years and I have a strong gut feeling that Kirby Smart has an under the table arrangement if he's still here. If it is made, it will be honored no matter who the AD is.

I predict that you will not see Coach Smart doing many interviews other than an occasional top 15 gig if he's offered. The next recruiting class could be the last that coach Saban follows through, but having coach Smart will make it easier. His last hurray and he's finished.

There will be a shadow left, and Coach Smart will either succeed or be a good bridge coach. Kirby Smart will be the DC the day Coach Saban retires.

Presumptions or pretentious that's how I see it happening.
    I think it all depends on his health. If his health holds up, I don not believe he can turn loose in four more years. That probably will prevent Smart's getting a tryout as HC...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

I don't want to think about it. I am enjoying living through these great times of Bama football with CNS at the reigns. I refuse to even speculate.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

I agree CNS will retire when he decides it's time. IMO, it will be time when he can't physically get out there at practice and show them how it's done, like we see him doing in video of practices now.

Hopefully that's a long time off, because I'll be really sad when it happens.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

Birmingham TV News Channel 33/40 just reported that Saban may be going to Cleveland Browns as General Manager. As they just said, "say it isn't so....". I SINCERELY hope this a rumored report. I felt weak hearing the news!