When do you think Saban will retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Some of these posts really disgust me. No one knows exactly what will happen with Saban, but I do know the more we talk about it, the more wings these rumors gets. It could be Notre Dame fans or Auburn fans starting rumors and giving the media legs to carry it bigger. That can be a distraction to our team. This will be the only time I post on this thread so I don't contribute to the insanity. Meanwhile the ND and AU fans are sitting back laughing and smiling.
The only time money matters to people is when they don't have enough. I would say Saban has enough money to take care of his family, extended family, charity fund, and whatever else he wants to do. I don't think he makes decisions based on money anymore. He talks about making a difference in young kids. That is his passion. that was Bear's passion. You can't do that in the NFL.
Let's cool it on this topic please.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
faninOS,
CNS works under Coach Mal Moore although it was President Bob Witt who approved the hiring contract. CNS is close to former president Witt. They are kindred spirits. Dr. Witt has moved up recently to the chancellor position for the entire University system. He was on stage with CNS for the SEC trophy presentation but for the first time CNS only thanked the "administration" for their support and did not mention Dr. Witt by name. There is no doubt in my mind that CNS misses Dr. Witt as president of the University. They are very similar and both are very driven to succeed at everything they do.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
me too.

Coach Saban will be on every short list just because he's proven that he can build a program...

Under the right situation (control over personnel decisions, etc..) he might entertain the possibility...
This is a rumor, but i did hear that there were possibly some stock considerations...

hopefully he's stays at Bama until he decides to retire, but you never know.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Some of these posts really disgust me. No one knows exactly what will happen with Saban, but I do know the more we talk about it, the more wings these rumors gets. It could be Notre Dame fans or Auburn fans starting rumors and giving the media legs to carry it bigger. That can be a distraction to our team. This will be the only time I post on this thread so I don't contribute to the insanity. Meanwhile the ND and AU fans are sitting back laughing and smiling.
The only time money matters to people is when they don't have enough. I would say Saban has enough money to take care of his family, extended family, charity fund, and whatever else he wants to do. I don't think he makes decisions based on money anymore. He talks about making a difference in young kids. That is his passion. that was Bear's passion. You can't do that in the NFL.
Let's cool it on this topic please.

Nobody SAID they knew what would happen...and no one here has started a rumor, either.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be postponed

Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be put on the burner.

These questions are trouble for the board imo. They are speculative, deal with a touchy subject not immanent, and many members have strong feelings about the outcome. In looking at the some of the threads I am seeing the word and words related to "Disgust" from a particular point of view towards another point of view. Can't say anyone is correct, and won't be able to for some time, which is fuel for battle. Any thread or topic that deals with the future of our head coach 9 out of 10 times ends in trouble. Some of the most intense threads in the past 10 years were concerning the head coach. Since it is not a pending topic, is it worth it?

Sincerely,
Capstonetider

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Re: Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be postponed

So where do you think Coach Smart will end up? :tongue:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be postponed

I agree the issue really shouldn't be discussed at this point. However, haven't you started many of the talks?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I agree the issue really shouldn't be discussed at this point. However, haven't you started many of the talks?
You know I am not trying to cause trouble in this thread but since you asked I have responded to the threads and if I started one you will have to let me know. But hindsight comes into play sometimes.:wink:

Think nuclear arms reduction I am in the usa if you must.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You know I am not trying to cause trouble in this thread but since you asked I have responded to the threads and if I started one you will have to let me know. But hindsight comes into play sometimes.:wink:
As long as you're learning. ;):D

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I agree. There is a BIG difference between being a head coach and a assistant coach. I would hope that most Bama fans would see that Nick Saban has at least 5 more years left in him. The man is in great health and can stay as long as he would like. :)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

If there's national speculation about Coach Saban's future (the so-called Lombardi connection with the Browns, for one example) that's a legitimate point for board discussion.

It's up to us -- with the gentle prods of the moderators -- to handle that discussion like adults.

bear1973

Scout Team
Nov 8, 2010
I hope CS stays another ten years. O admire the guy, but football like life is cyclical. I get the sense from things said in some interviews lately that the fun is diminished a little. I get that. I feel in my gut that he's looking for that next challenge. What man doesn't feel that way? If he leaves the program will go on, but I don't feel as some do on here that it wouldn't miss a beat. It would. Alabama is not going to be the top dog every year. Not even top five every year. This run will end. As much as it pains me to say this, even that cow college down the road will eventually get its act together, and yes will more than likely beat us any given year. I've been around enough to see things as they are and put them into proper perspective.100 years from now it won't matter to any of us anyway. And as far as what Terry Saban said in her interview about Nick retiring here. Coaches and at times their wives are pretty much the same as politicians. Just look at how upset the fan base is at Arkansas State, and other schools right now with their beloved coach leaving. Again I admire Coach Saban, I hope he retires here, but don't be surprised if he packs up for the next big challenge. I figure that's what keeps him alive. Roll Tide!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

If there's national speculation about Coach Saban's future (the so-called Lombardi connection with the Browns, for one example) that's a legitimate point for board discussion.

It's up to us -- with the gentle prods of the moderators -- to handle that discussion like adults.
That fits the immanent category, just like the Kirby to Auburn.

Not trying to suggest censorship, but there is a paranoia about coach Saban retiring and we haven't got a clue. Pure speculation and some responses angers others more than most topics, by far imo.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I have to agree...if the discussion is happening in a national forum, it seems like something that should be able to be discussed. I for one, just wanted to get perspective on what I was reading, and instaed people just started flaming...

I didnt write it, but pretending that Coach Saban isnt a hot commodity right now in coaching is hard to do. He will be brought up a lot because of his success.

I dont believe that he's going, but if people at CBS, ESPN, Sporting Nation,etc...are writing articles regadring the possibilities, perhaps its something that we could discuss.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

The point to this is that all of those mentioned want Saban to leave so Bama might become irrelevant like ND football has been for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.