When do you think Saban will retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be postponed

I was joking. Hence, the winky face and the laughing emoticon.
I countered with the "on brother" jovial emoticon, lets leave it at that :)

I'll bow out and let others post, maybe some will agree. Coach Saban leaving is a can of worms.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Post concerning Coach Saban and Coach Smarts future as HC should be postponed

The point to this is that all of those mentioned want Saban to leave so Bama might become irrelevant like ND football has been for 20 years.
The national media is not out to get Alabama. Matter of fact, the media wants Alabama and Notre Dame to do well because it's good for stories and college football as a whole.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

The national media is not out to get Alabama. Matter of fact, the media wants Alabama and Notre Dame to do well because it's good for stories and college football as a whole.
You can't clump all the media together like that. You think the bleacher report types care :)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Anyone on here can post about this subject, it falls strictly under opinions but there is no need for anyone to get riled up. When you read and listen to these media types and take it as gospel it is like a self inflicted wound. When CNS retires or moves on is none of my business and there is nothing any of us can say or do to change the outcome, but we can get along.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I find the talk of Saban going back to the NFL to be silly. After all he's said and done... why move back to the place he hated, moving from a place/environment that he loves? He's said he loves molding young men. You don't do that in the NFL.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

We have heard from the highest authority-Terry Saban that CNS isn't going anywhere. That is good enough for me.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Re: the rumor about CNS being offered stock or ownership in the Browns, that was also the rumor about Gruden going to UT. We saw how credible that was.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was just watching Mike and Mike, they were speculating that CNS would be back in the NFL soon. They had a soundbite from Terry Saban about how winning is more relief than joy. Then they had Chris Carter on and he set them straight on things. CC said that after talking to coach and running clinics at Bama, CNS is very happy in Tuscaloosa. He may not show it, but he is.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Listening to 680 The Fan while taking the Grandson to school this morning. They were comparing Coach Saban's situation to Pete Carroll's at USC. Baloney Sandwich! PC was spending more time dealing with the NCAA than he was coaching. If that ever happens to NS, then and only then, he might say I don't need this crap and head back to the NFL.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

From ESPN when Saban was hired here:

A preference for the college game and the campus lifestyle may have swayed Saban. He won 48 games and a national championship in five seasons at LSU and is 15-17 with the Dolphins. This was his first losing season in 13 years as a head coach.
Saban Hired at Alabama

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Saban has been the subject of rumors every year he's been here. But this is the only year the media picked it up and ran with it. It's also the only year that we're meeting Notre Dame for the title. Oh - and not only is Mike Golic a ND grad but his son plays for the Irish. The owner stirred this pot prior to the Vols game - oh he just happens to be a Tennessee guy.

"Hey let's create a distraction for Alabama. There's nothing they can do. If Saban denies it we will play the old Dolphins video; if he says nothing we will ask why he won't deny it."

And maybe if he stays then they'll be so distracted that the Irish win. While hardly a conspiracy theorist, it's amazing that these never hit the big news before. CNS was going to WVA, LSU, on and on.....

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Saban has been the subject of rumors every year he's been here. But this is the only year the media picked it up and ran with it. It's also the only year that we're meeting Notre Dame for the title. Oh - and not only is Mike Golic a ND grad but his son plays for the Irish. The owner stirred this pot prior to the Vols game - oh he just happens to be a Tennessee guy.

"Hey let's create a distraction for Alabama. There's nothing they can do. If Saban denies it we will play the old Dolphins video; if he says nothing we will ask why he won't deny it."

And maybe if he stays then they'll be so distracted that the Irish win. While hardly a conspiracy theorist, it's amazing that these never hit the big news before. CNS was going to WVA, LSU, on and on.....
I've thought and said the same thing since this crap started yesterday. People want to see Alabama lose. Period.

JohnnyCache

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2002
Carrollton, GA but from Mobile, AL

I get really tired of having to go through this every season but it comes with the territory. We didn't have to go through this when Shula was our coach. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.