When do you think Saban will retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL
I saw the last part of the Mike & Mike discussion this morning. If that was a set-up by a Notre Dame guy trying to create a distraction for Bama...it backfired on him big time. Some skinny guy got on and explained that Saban had the best job in all coaching, period. And that was just the beginning, he really poured the praise on Bama.
I don't think anything said in the media will be a distraction for Saban, worrying about that in my opinion is selling Saban short. That kind of talk only distracts the fans, and we all know that what we fans think has no bearing on how the team will play.

Cris Carter, Duron Carter's father called them out; saying Saban loved his job and would be shocked if he left Bama! He knew from dealing with Saban during Duron's time at Tuscaloosa.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't like this thread! Does someone know something? Is the media, B'ham and National (ESPN) just playing games to hurt the Tide prepare for ND by distracting the Tide? One Mike of Mike and Mike has a son who plays for ND, a guard. I'm sure he'd do anything to create a distraction. He ended the show today by saying something about ND's #1. What can be done to put this to rest? Does he let this go on to get a salary increase? Does he need one?

I guess we should just enjoy the fact that we have him now. UA has him and AU, LSU, et al don't. These last five years have been awesome for Tide fans.

I hope he stays a very long time but not too long to hurt recruiting. I think Coach Bryant was hurt in recruiting the last few years of his career by other coaches saying he was nearing retirement. I'm sure Pat Dye mentioned it to recruits.

We don't need this kind of thread to hurt recruiting. However, I'm sure Coach is honest with the recruits.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I don't like this thread! Does someone know something? Is the media, B'ham and National (ESPN) just playing games to hurt the Tide prepare for ND by distracting the Tide? One Mike of Mike and Mike has a son who plays for ND, a guard. I'm sure he'd do anything to create a distraction. He ended the show today by saying something about ND's #1. What can be done to put this to rest? Does he let this go on to get a salary increase? Does he need one?

I guess we should just enjoy the fact that we have him now. UA has him and AU, LSU, et al don't. These last five years have been awesome for Tide fans.

I hope he stays a very long time but not too long to hurt recruiting. I think Coach Bryant was hurt in recruiting the last few years of his career by other coaches saying he was nearing retirement. I'm sure Pat Dye mentioned it to recruits.

We don't need this kind of thread to hurt recruiting. However, I'm sure Coach is honest with the recruits.
You must not have looked at Alabama's recruiting rankings lately or the players we have a good chance to land on NSD. Top 3 class nationally with a shot at #1 in the end. Seems things are going just fine IMO.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I am going to go bury my head in the sand. This stuff gets to my stomach, especially with a NC game against ND coming up. When this happens or doesn't I'll come out. No use worrying about it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I am going to go bury my head in the sand. This stuff gets to my stomach, especially with a NC game against ND coming up. When this happens or doesn't I'll come out. No use worrying about it.
I feel exactly the same way CT..That's why the media has ran with story like it has..They're trying to distract our Boys from winning their 2nd NC in a row..It won't work though..The rest of college football will just too deal with their "Bama Fatigue" is all I can tell them..Just deal with it 'Haters..This "Dynasty" has a few more years left in it

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The rumor was Gruden was being offered stock/ownership in the Browns by Haslam, the new Browns' owner and UT inbred, in order to entice him to be UT's HC. This ended up being squashed all around. Gruden never even talked with UT.
I think the NCAA said that wasn't allowed.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: Scarbinsky: Saban's 'very content' at Alabama, Michael Lombardi says

Coach Saban does love the next challenge..And that next challenge will be a 3peat of winning the NC at Bama after we beat The Irish(and we will beat them)..That will put him on the highest level of achievements within the coaching ranks of college football..I also think that will weigh heavily on AJ's decision to go Pro or not as well..

Agreed. Everything he wins now is precedent setting. First BCS winner at two schools. Potentially the first to win 3. Wants to be the 1st to win the playoff format, then probably super conferences. He is the spear of redefining the college game. I'd say if he were given the GM/HC position like Holmgren was he might consider it but I really think he is where his true passion lies. Could be wrong but I've enjoyed the "Process" so far.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I really wish bowl practices would start. Hand wringing is all some people understand and that must be a crappy way to live. I'm not worrying about anything because I feel he'll stay at Bama like his wife said they would. Let the good times roll Bama fans. Enjoy it.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Last edited:

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
Re: AJC says Boston Globe reporting, Saban may go to Browns.

I don't think he will leave for the NFL. I heard people on Finebaum use him leaving LSU for Miami as an example and like Finebaum said it is a bad example because it was something he had not done before and now he knows what the NFL is like and why would he go back. When people talk about him going to Miami and ending up at Alabama they act like he got fired and then came to Alabama, however, he willingly left Miami and came back to college. I might be surprised if he leaves, but I think this is just a distraction by the sports media, alot of them Notre Dame fans, so that the players won't be focused on the game and it will cause distractions for the coaching staff. There is alot that Coach Saban can still accomplish at Alabama and if he does decide to leave I hope he is successful in the NFL and if he went to Cleveland him and Trent can win a Super Bowl together, however, I don't think he will leave.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Re: AJC says Boston Globe reporting, Saban may go to Browns.

I don't think he will leave for the NFL. I heard people on Finebaum use him leaving LSU for Miami as an example and like Finebaum said it is a bad example because it was something he had not done before and now he knows what the NFL is like and why would he go back. When people talk about him going to Miami and ending up at Alabama they act like he got fired and then came to Alabama, however, he willingly left Miami and came back to college. I might be surprised if he leaves, but I think this is just a distraction by the sports media, alot of them Notre Dame fans, so that the players won't be focused on the game and it will cause distractions for the coaching staff. There is alot that Coach Saban can still accomplish at Alabama and if he does decide to leave I hope he is successful in the NFL and if he went to Cleveland him and Trent can win a Super Bowl together, however, I don't think he will leave.
I agree completely, Saban can do what he likes as far as I am concerned he has earned the right. If he stays I will be tickled to death, but if he leaves, then its been one hell of a ride and the best time in my life since the 70s. But I think/hope he stays.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Y'all go read Jess' article addressing this "rumor." It'll probably make you feel better or not.:cool:

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL

Can the mods just close the thread so we can move on?
Just want to address the plea for closing threads on TF. If it's a legitimate topic, it's fair game on our message board. As Jess correctly highlighted in his article, at some point, CNS WILL (not maybe or possibly) leave the Capstone... it may be next year, 10 years from now, or even longer than that. No one knows when that will be... maybe not even Saban himself at this point. Combine that with the fact that he is probably the most sought-after coach in the game and you'll conclude that this WILL be a topic of conversation nearly every offseason... whether people want it to be or not. By participating in threads like these, you are NOT hurting recruiting... nor are you questioning someone's loyalty. As always, there will be some fans who think one way and others who hold a completely opposite view on matters like this. If you don't like the conversation, I suggest you move on... but don't expect or demand it of other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.