Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

I have question for you crimson tide folks regarding auburn fans. As ive stated before here on tidefans a large portion of my family resides in northeast alabama(dekalb,cherokee counties). They are crimson tide to the core,every one. A few days ago i was over on a visit,after lunch a large group of my family members were outside standing around laughing and shaking their heads. From what i gather they were laughing at the local auburn fans they know and work with. Apparently a bunch of them own several pieces of gear,hats,flags,etc from every one of the teams in the s.e.c. The reason being so that if any of them should beat alabama throughout the course of the season they would have a piece of gear representing that particular team to wear around for all the upset bama fans to see and so they could rub their faces in it. They were laughing at how a large group of these auburn fans said didnt have any texas a and m gear to wear and would have to order them some from the aggies directly because they couldnt find any locally. Are the auburn people that actually live in the state of alabama that stupid,insane,obsessed with the crimson tide?? Ive dealt with auburn fans before,granted i think as a fanbase they are dellusional to the extreme but once again,are they really that stupid??

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

yes

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

snass
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Insane.... pathetic.... call it what ya want.
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been in several years, but the McDonald's on 15th Street in Tuscaloosa would allow their employees wear school shirts on gamedays. There was an older woman that worked the breakfast shift and every Saturday she would be wearing an Auburn shirt and a hat/visor from what ever school Alabama was playing that day. Pathetic.

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In short. Yes.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some Oregon shirts a few years back. We could dress down at work if we wore gear from a team playing in the title game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

They're actually worse than that!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    are they really that stupid??
    Don't be silly.

WarIrish

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

You tell me...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought my relatives were just kidding me,i guess they werent. Thats just insane,it makes them sound like they are more concerned about alabama losing than auburn winning. Well all i can say is theyre tremendously talented at making themselves look really stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post

You tell me...
    lmao,unbelievable!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have question for you crimson tide folks regarding auburn fans. As ive stated before here on tidefans a large portion of my family resides in northeast alabama(dekalb,cherokee counties). They are crimson tide to the core,every one. A few days ago i was over on a visit,after lunch a large group of my family members were outside standing around laughing and shaking their heads. From what i gather they were laughing at the local auburn fans they know and work with. Apparently a bunch of them own several pieces of gear,hats,flags,etc from every one of the teams in the s.e.c. The reason being so that if any of them should beat alabama throughout the course of the season they would have a piece of gear representing that particular team to wear around for all the upset bama fans to see and so they could rub their faces in it.
    Yes, that goes back to the 1970s. We beat them every year from 1973-1981, and the only thing they had to cheer was rooting for the teams that beat us. Wanna hear how bad that was? Here's our losses during that time frame:

Notre Dame - 4 times
    Missouri
    Georgia
    Ole Miss
    Nebraska
    USC
    Mississippi State
    Ga Tech
    Texas

That's it. (And a tie with USM in 1981).

They were laughing at how a large group of these auburn fans said didnt have any texas a and m gear to wear and would have to order them some from the aggies directly because they couldnt find any locally.
    Internet does not yet exist in Opelika. You'll note that Bill Kurtis never did one of those commercials there

Are the auburn people that actually live in the state of alabama that stupid,
    Yep.

insane,
    Yep.

obsessed with the crimson tide??
    Yep.

Ive dealt with auburn fans before,granted i think as a fanbase they are dellusional to the extreme but once again,are they really that stupid??

Let me give you a couple of examples of how monumentally stupid a huge contingent are (yes, there are exceptions but then again that's true for everything except maybe the law of gravity)

In the mid-1970s, they got hit with major sanctions (2 years no TV, which one Aubie said, "The toughest part is we can't watch TV for two years" - no, that's actually stolen from William Perry, who DID say that about Clemson's probation). Somehow, that's Coach Bryant's fault. Keep in mind he was only beating them senseless, so I guess he got frightened and figured he'd never beat them without sanctions.

Then in 1991, an Auburn DB named Eric Ramsey alleged he was paid by several alumni and got an illegal loan that Pat Dye knew about. Dye lied like a rug and Auburn fans TO THIS DAY insist ALABAMA was behind the whole thing. Keep in mind that Ramsey had a bunch of conversations on audio tapes - I must confess the REC is more powerful than any of us realized if they could actually make conversations happen and force Auburn alumni to make illegal offers of cash. Amazingly enough, they recruited Ramsey at a time when we had beaten them 12 out of 14 years - why would we need Ramsey's help to "beat Dye," which those morons actually said.

Keep in mind any time they get in trouble it is somehow our fault. It gets old.
    :13