Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Re: a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    In 1969 when we lost to VANDERBILT, the Dean of Students at AU led a snake dance around campus.
    Is that really true? I was in 'nam at the time & never heard that one, although I do remember hearing about the loss! .......!

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I once bought a Georgia shirt for no particular reason. I once wore it at a bar when they played the Barn just to tick people off. But I'm not going out to buy a bunch of shirts just because they are on the Barn's schedule.

If they want to cheer for Notre Dame, that's fine with me. I just hope nobody who is doing so got mad when we cheered for Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a large part of their entire psychosis.

Does someone have a link to the audio of the Auburn AD who went on the rant about Bama back around 2003 or 2004?
    The one that compared the rivalry to World War II.
    Our UGA friend needs to hear it.

The depth of their obsession is actually a very, very bad thing for our state.
    I've hoped for years they'd do something -- anything -- to create their own identity.
    But they simply will not, or cannot, do it.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    It's a large part of their entire psychosis.

Does someone have a link to the audio of the Auburn AD who went on the rant about Bama back around 2003 or 2004?
    The one that compared the rivalry to World War II.
    Our UGA friend needs to hear it.

The depth of their obsession is actually a very, very bad thing for our state.
    I've hoped for years they'd do something -- anything -- to create their own identity.
    But they simply will not, or cannot, do it.
    That would be David Housel, although I believe he's deceased. Don't have the video, but this link details what he said: CLICK

Actually I found the audio link was indeed buried in there....
    Last edited by 1FitToBeTide; December 8th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    That would be David Housel, although I believe he's deceased. Don't have the video, but this link details what he said: CLICK
    Yes, Housel. Thank you for posting that.
    I did not realize he was deceased.

I've heard some weird things over the years between rivals, but that one takes the cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think Housel is dead. The best thing I can say about him is that he makes Jay Jacobs look like Albert Einstein.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I remember last year, Auburn fans were rooting the heck out of LSU during the National Championship game, they seemed to forgotten the 45-10 beating against LSU.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I don't think Housel is dead. The best thing I can say about him is that he makes Jay Jacobs look like Albert Einstein.
    Sorry for the misinformation; you of course are correct, '67. I'm getting him mixed up with one of their other public figure crazies whose name escapes me that died recently.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I once knew a guy who went to Bama and worked in the athletic office while he was there. His job was similar to what Housel did at the Barn so he had to talk to him on the phone several times. I can't remember his exact words, but the gist of his comment about Housel was "Nice enough guy, but dumb as a box of rocks".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    I remember last year, Auburn fans were rooting the heck out of LSU during the National Championship game, they seemed to forgotten the 45-10 beating against LSU.
    Heck, all you've got to do is go back one month to an Auburn message board like ITAT.
    You will find threads that say things like, "Thank you Texas A&M" and "Thank God for Johnny Football."
    You'll find hundreds or thousands of posts just gushing over Manziel and A&M's win over us.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    My (aubie) SIL has told me she's switched her allegiance, and is now a Bama fan. I have trouble believing her though because when I decided to watch a replay of the Bama/UGA SECCG, she said "I've seen it" and then got up and left the room. Problem was when it was on live, she chose to sit in the office and play computer games. That's NOT a Bama fan imo.
    Now she wants me to get her some Bama gear for Christmas. Truthfully, I think she's still an aubie at heart so I don't want to waste money. (OTOH, getting Bama gear as a 're-gift' is always OK.)
    Besides, those aubie jammies she loves to wear tell a different story.
    Reuben Foster syndrome! LOL!

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really too bad they cant have an identity of their own(auburn). Its really funny the contrast by how i feel. Ive always had respect for bama and all the tradition there. If anything after we played in such a great game with bama my respect for bama has only increased. Whereas these auburn nuts want to pull madly for notre dame,i and the majority of us hope you destroy notre dame(yes,even after you beat us). Funny i can remember a few minutes before kickoff last saturday they played some snipets from people calling in to the paul finebaum show and this lady(who sounded like she just broke out of a mental institution) said she hoped georgia beat alabama,than she started screaming about how she would even pull for that yankee notre dame team over bama and than i started to recognize the voice. It was that same crazy auburn lady whos voice i heard on the espn special about the bama/auburn rivalry. She was going bonkers over harvey updyke and how he murdered the toomers oaks. Kudos tou you bama guys and gals,i thought we had it bad with these georgia tech idiots,weve got it easy compared to yall.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

That would be Tammy.................

Unless there is someone as crazy as she is. Possible, but too scary to contemplate.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13