BamaNation All-American

Visited Coach Bryant's grave

last weekend and I must say it did look as if it has been attended to recently. I put the crystal elephants back on the tombstone that were unfastened. Looks like a homeless person could eat a decent meal with all the change laying around the foot marker, I wonder what's up with all the change being thrown down?
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Visited Coach Bryants grave

Security that works there told me a story a couple of years ago that was pretty neat. Said a young lady/girl, who was dying, one of her final requests was to be buried as close to Coach Bryant as possible. Said the only way to accommodate this request was to bury her across the trail/road, from him. Ironically, she was and AU fan. True story as told to me.
    His greatness, in her mind, transcended the hate this rivalry continues to ascend to.
    “ The Crimson Tide of Alabama” Now that has a majestic ring to it!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: Visited Coach Bryant's grave

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    last weekend and I must say it did look as if it has been attended to recently. I put the crystal elephants back on the tombstone that were unfastened. Looks like a homeless person could eat a decent meal with all the change laying around the foot marker, I wonder what's up with all the change being thrown down?
    Obama said change was in the air

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ZING!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    That's exactly what I did. I threw some in the air. My wife asked what I did that for and I said "luck", so her and my ma in law went to digging for change.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Scout Team

Someone I know has been there recently as well and I thought he had told me it was quarters around it as in "4 quarters"

BamaNation Second Team

Was there this afternoon. Crystal elephants are still in place. It was an odd collection of change, a few shakers and a Coke bottle. Was told that here had been a bag of Golden Flake chips, but its no longer there.

I love how simple the gravesite is. Just like our uniforms -- classic...

BamaNation Second Team

When I went there a couple of years ago there was a coke and a bag of golden flake chips, also some old maroon and white pom pom shakers, no money.

BamaNation First Team

Bear always did like those Golden Flake chips. I imagine after Jan. 7th that there will be many more adornments around his grave.

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

I added a pic as it made me curious as to what it looked like. Very nice

Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    Bear always did like those Golden Flake chips. I imagine after Jan. 7th that there will be many more adornments around his grave.
    Coke and Golden Flake, "Great pair says the Bear." I used to love to watch his show on Sundays. "Bingo, that's a goodie."
    I also used to like to watch Shug after the ironbowl. He would say, 'well overall our guys played pretty good," after they had just lost by 30 points.