Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! New member here

Hi guys
    Just joined up on this brilliant forum having read and followed it for ages
    As you can see im English (not sure how many foreign fans the team has but im one of them)... i started watching amarican football years ago but started following the Crimson Tide from watching the 2006 Cotton Bowl (didnt really know which bowl to watch and it sounded cool) and the tide dragged me in ... the defence was strong but in all honesty i cant remember much else from the game
    I watched with hope when Nick Saban took over from the fins and amazment as he turned this team back to the glory days (all the time actually learning what the glory days were with reading and watching all i could about the past)I have been too two games in my time as a fan after a friend i know (who went to the university) invited me including the iron bowl.. i saw one of the craziest rivalrys of all time in front of my eyes in 2008 when we beat down the tigers.... i stayed up to watch the Championship games and celebrated when we got our first heisman trophy winner (and he was drafted to the saints... my NFL team) because it was history i didnt have to read up on i was a fan at that historic moment
    anyway enough about me.... i will be hanging around so hope to speak to y'all
    Roll Tide
    Last edited by EnglishTideFan; December 8th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Re: Hi! New member here

Great to have you! ROLL TIDE

BamaNation Second Team BamaRickandLisa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard !!! You picked the right team with the right coach !!!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

[QUOTE=EnglishTideFan;2060025]Hi guysJust joined up on this brilliant forum having read and followed it for agesAs you can see im nglish (not sure how many foreign fans the team has but im one of them)... i started watching amarican football years ago but started following the Crimson Tide from watching the 2006 Cotton Bowl (didnt really know which bowl to watch and it sounded cool) and the tide dragged me in ... the defence was strong but in all honesty i cant remember much else from the game I watched with hope when Nick Saban took over from the fins and amazment as he turned this team back to the glory days (all the time actually learning what the glory days were with reading and watching all i could about the past)I have been too two games in my time as a fan after a friend i know (who went to the university) invited me including the iron bowl.. i saw one of the craziest rivalrys of all time in front of my eyes in 2008 when we beat down the tigers.... i stayed up to watch the Championship games and celebrated when we got our first heisman trophy winner (and he was drafted to the saints... my NFL team) because it was history i didnt have to read up on i was a fan at that historic moment anyway enough about me.... i will be hanging around so hope to speak to y'all Roll Tide[/QUOTE Welcome glad to have you here]

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

cant seem to get paragraphs working

but thanks guys for having me

Long shot but is there any outher english fans out there???

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's a warm welcome to you from Birmingham (Alabama).

What part of England are you from, and do you still live across the pond or are you now a resident of the States?
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Roll Tide! Don't forget to join the Yahoo Sports College Football Bowl Pick-em here on TideFans.com

Link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....14c545d1073dd9

Group ID: 13525
    Password: beatnd
    15 and counting

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Here's a warm welcome to you from Birmingham (Alabama).

What part of England are you from, and do you still live across the pond or are you now a resident of the States?
    thank you

no i am still living in england im from yorkshire in the north of england.... a place called harrogate which is also in tennessee

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishTideFan View Post
    cant seem to get paragraphs working

but thanks guys for having me

Long shot but is there any outher english fans out there???
    I used to live in Shrivenham (Wilts) and I'm pretty sure I was the biggest Tide fan in Wessex.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi English, thank you for choosing the Tide...If you're still across the pond, spread the word to your friends.PS..I know the HMS Belfast cruiser has been turned into a museum, but during the Koren conflict,they plucked me out of the water close to Yokouska, Japan. They kept me aboard the rest of the night. My ship, The USS Mountrail APA213 were searching for me.It so happened that I had a letter in my shirt pocket with my ship's add.Thanks to the Brittish navy!
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmack12champs View Post
    Hi English, thank you for choosing the Tide...If you're still across the pond, spread the word to your friends.PS..I know the HMS Belfast cruiser has been turned into a museum, but during the Koren conflict,they plucked me out of the water close to Yokouska, Japan. They kept me aboard the rest of the night. My ship, The USS Mountrail APA213 were searching for me.It so happened that I had a letter in my shirt pocket with my ship's add.Thanks to the Brittish navy!
    The tide chose me

but Amarican football is growing in England.... we have two shows a week dedicated to NFL,Live NFL sunday and a Live game on Monday.... the only college to make use of this untapped fan base in europe so far is the Irish...... in Ireland unsurprisingly

i have been on HMS Belfast several times... it floats on the thames river in london and is one of the biggest tourist attractions in london now

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I used to live in Shrivenham (Wilts) and I'm pretty sure I was the biggest Tide fan in Wessex.
    Is "Wessex" profanity?

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishTideFan View Post
    The tide chose me

but Amarican football is growing in England.... we have two shows a week dedicated to NFL,Live NFL sunday and a Live game on Monday.... the only college to make use of this untapped fan base in europe so far is the Irish...... in Ireland unsurprisingly

i have been on HMS Belfast several times... it floats on the thames river in london and is one of the biggest tourist attractions in london now
    I think it would be awesome if our Crimson Tide could play a game in London.