Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team James Eagle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN 30 for 30: You don't know Bo

Great documentary about Bo. He is classy guy and probably the best all around athlete of our lifetime. God bless him.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was a baby when Bo was at his peak. One of my dad's auburn buddies repeated Bo Jackson over and over to me. I eventually figured it out and then said it to my dad who was not that pleased.

I wasn't old enough to see him play unfortunately but that story has always stuck with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    A fellow Spartan, I see.
    You pegged me. It was not fair. We had Bo to contend with in football and Sir Charles in basketball at Leeds in 3A. So we were playing against potential future hall of famers in 3A baseball, basketball and football. Bo never hit a HR off me. But he did hit the ball so hard that our 2nd baseman made no attempt to even catch it...jumping over the ball. From there, he stole every base and scored. Anyone who saw him, Bama fan or not, knew you were watching something special. Easy to downplay him if you never squared up on him on a football field one on one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN 30 for 30: You don't know Bo

Quote Originally Posted by venegoni View Post
    Barry Sanders did 10x the things Bo did on a football field with half the stature. Sanders was the best tb I have ever seen.
    Barry had a longer career, so yeah....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by venegoni View Post
    Barry Sanders did 10x the things Bo did on a football field with half the stature. Sanders was the best tb I have ever seen.
    [QUOTE=bamanut_aj;2060466]Barry had a longer career, so yeah....

Two different styles here but both were fun to watch. If Barry Sanders would have had a good OL, there would be no telling how many yards he would have ended up with. I think BS only played 10 seasons.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Bo would have been the best there ever was -- if he really liked football. I think baseball and track were his favorites because he didn't get hit. Extraordinary athlete, and played on fine Auburn teams. But he could have very easily gone 0-4 against us. Auburn was extraordinarily lucky to win his freshman year. In '83, the tornado system blew through Birmingham just in time to cost UA a significant fourth-quarter wind advantage, and he lost to us in '84 and '85, games to this day Auburn folks can't believe they didn't win. Thank your coach for those.

Amazing athlete. The best burst for a big man I have ever seen. Also, absolutely love the sequence in Ken Burns' "Baseball" documentary in which Buck O'Neil describes hearing the sound of the ball coming off Bo's bat.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; December 9th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Amazing athlete. The best burst for a big man I have ever seen. Also, absolutely love the sequence in Ken Burns' "Baseball" documentary in which Buck O'Neil describes hearing the sound of the ball coming off Bo's bat.
    Buck said there were three bats that made that noise. Babe Ruth, Josh Gibson and Bo. There is something special about the sound of a wooden bat when swung with incredible bat speed and hitting the sweet spot.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it had to happen. Someone mentioned Bo Jackson and that aubarn basketball player in the same story.
    Bo IS a role model.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I don't think he broke the plane when he went "over the top".

Sorry to break up the Bo lovefest, but I never cared for him or any other Barner.
    I agree on the over the top not being a definite score. And that had there been competent refs who respected Castille's brilliant INT instead of calling PI, "Bo over the top" would have never even mattered.

And also sadly for Bo, those that think he was a once in a lifetime - type back must have a short memory and never saw Herschel Walker play. Bo was a great athlete, but Herschel was a freak-phenom. If i had to pick between the two to play tailback for me, I'd take Herschel without batting an eye. Herschel made you think that somehow Walter Payton and Earl Campbell got together and had a baby.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't stand watching him play against Bama, but he became a favorite of mine as a pro athlete.
    I don't like barners, but Bo became the exception to the rule, good guy, amazing athlete.
    And he did run the wrong way once LOL, that makes it easier to think back at his career with Auburn.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch the replay of Bo over the top in slow motion. He didn't get in. Too bad no instant replay.

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    Bo knew Techmo Bowl
    Now, THAT is a touchdown.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Greatest athlete I ever saw play, period. I simply wish Bo would have picked one sport, doesn't matter which sport, because he would have been one of the greats in either sport.

Nonetheless, he was a pleasure to watch, especially when he ran over "The Boz."
    He's the best athlete I ever saw as well. If he hadn't been injured and had his career cut short he'd be a sure fire Hall of Famer maybe in both football and baseball. I always liked Bo. It was almost impossible not to.