Link: ESPN 30 for 30: You don't know Bo

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It was actually Brian Bosworth's career that got ruined on a Monday night by Jackson.
Shows how sharp my childhood memories are. I did watch the game he got hurt in, but I see from checking it was a playoff game.

I also must confess to treasuring a Brian Bosworth card... I thought he looked cool.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Well, he isn't going to be caught wearing anything with Under Armour on it... regardless the team. He made Nike a ton of money, and Nike made him a ton of money. The relationship still exists as Nike was a huge part of the Bo Bikes Bama fundraiser.
So you agree with me

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Bo is under contract to Nike, he may be forbidden to wear another company's products.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Like so many others, I've often wondered what might have been had he not been injured. During his professional prime, I was always struck how George Brett, one of the all time MLB greats, was in awe of Bo. Brett seemed like a kid going to his first big league game every time he described one of Bo's antics or accomplishements. During his comeback, I went to see him play with the Birmingham Barons (White Sox minor league team). Not knowing what his number would be, I wondered if I could distinguish him from the other players during pre-game warm-ups. I shouldn't have concerned myself.....he was huge, and still fast and smooth.....it's just a shame his career ended as early as it did.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
If he was a petty "Auburn man" like many seem to be, he could have ranted on Alabama not guaranteeing him playing time
Is that what made him pick Aubie? Early playing time. Never knew that.

The story about the phone that Coach Bryant called on was priceless.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Best RB I've ever seen.
He was a once-in-a-lifetime athlete.

Watching him play CFB was a little bit like watching Cam Newton or Tim Tebow. You couldn't believe what you were seeing.

Like Tim ---- and unlike Cam ---- Bo is a class act.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Is that what made him pick Aubie? Early playing time. Never knew that.

The story about the phone that Coach Bryant called on was priceless.
Ken Donahue recruited him, and he was ours to lose - but supposedly, in an effort to show full disclosure - Donahue told Bo he would probbaly not play till his JR year

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Watched bo "Vincent" in high school and college. Had true breakaway speed. One of the faster running backs ive seen. Not perfect though. He ran too upright, often didn't get as many yards after contant as a 222 lb back should get and wasnt very durable. He missed most of one season at auburn. Was slowed by other injuries and didn't last long in the nfl. There was no discounting he was dangerous with the ball in his hands.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Best football player I ever saw play in person. I was in awe of his skills, even when they were used against my alma mater in the Iron Bowl. I was at all of his Iron Bowls, but the 2 that stand are are "I waxed the dude" where Dye did not give the ball to Bo near the goal line (I'm still appreciative of that...one of the dumbest play calls in history. ;) ) and the freak show where he dropped ~275 on us. A man among boys that day. I've never seen anything like it.

Wait...does having seen Bo play mean that I'm old? I'd gripe about that, but I can't recall what I'm arguing about...:biggrin2:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Best RB could be a toss up between Bo and Herschel. Best pure athlete could be a toss up between he and Deion. Bo was one of my earliest favorite athletes, barner-status notwithstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Top 3-4 athlete of all time. No doubt. He and Herschel were the most physically talented college RB's ever.

Bo knows how the pay system worked/works down on the plains.
Bo knows how to 'keep it down home cuz'
Bo knows how to keep his mouth shut.

I don't hate the guy for it, but I don't really care for him either.

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
I dont buy it.
The story used to be that the reason he went to Auburn was we recruited him as a linebacker , now its changed !!!!!

We all know Pat Dye was busted for a pay for play scheme.....Since Bo was a big Bama fan and Bama had won National Titles in 78 and 79 I call Phoney Baloney......You do the math.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.