Link: ESPN 30 for 30: You don't know Bo

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I wasn't alive yet but if it hadn't been for a bad PI call on Jermiah Castile after he made an INT, then "Bo over the top" would of never happened.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
For the longest time I never knew Bo played football at auburn. All I knew was as a kid growing up I could tell all of my friends I know Bo Jackson from ProStars. It wasn't until middle school Iearned he was a family friend b/c he and my cousin played football togetherat auburn.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I sure hope there are no embarrassing clips of him running over me when I played at Pleasant Grove. That and he stole 2nd base, 3rd and home on me.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't think he broke the plane when he went "over the top".

Sorry to break up the Bo lovefest, but I never cared for him or any other Barner.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I like Mr. Jackson - he's done a tone of work for special needs kids (under the radar - not looking for attention) and is a genuinely good person.

I couldn't care less where he played CFB, he's the kind of guy we need more of in the world, imo.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If he was a petty "Auburn man" like many seem to be, he could have ranted on Alabama not guaranteeing him playing time or the fact Culverhouse was an Alabama grad. He didn't...because he's a bigger man than most.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Greatest athlete I ever saw play, period. I simply wish Bo would have picked one sport, doesn't matter which sport, because he would have been one of the greats in either sport.

Nonetheless, he was a pleasure to watch, especially when he ran over "The Boz."

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
He had more talent than any running back I've ever seen. Bar none. If he'd have concentrated on football and stayed healthy (not little stuff, big injuries like having your hip joint basically die), he'd have rewritten the record books for decades. I think he'd have been a hall of famer in baseball, too. Plus, he's selfless and humble. I admire the hell out of the guy.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I have to confess Bo Jackson was my first favorite player. My mother was a bit misguided so that didn't help either, but I was in third grade, I'd just started to gain a real awareness of team sports and sports cards and Bo Jackson was at the peak of his popularity. I was just past the point of asking my dad which color team to cheer for, so I didn't really have ingrained bias and honestly wasn't aware he'd played for Auburn at that point in time.

He was a larger than life character and I remember how coveted his cards were amongst my friends and I. I remember getting a whole box of cards in return for a Bo Breaker Score card, and how sought after his Bo Black and Blue card was (it was even counterfeited). I watched the Monday Night Football game that basically ruined his sports career. He was an amazing player to watch.

On the flip side, later on I think I got a stack of like 30 1987 Topps Future Star Bo Jackson rookies because they were considered worthless at the time. I know he played for Auburn, but I can't help but feel a bit of regret at how his career turned out.

I have to confess Bo Jackson was my first favorite player. My mother was a bit misguided so that didn't help either, but I was in third grade, I'd just started to gain a real awareness of team sports and sports cards and Bo Jackson was at the peak of his popularity. I was just past the point of asking my dad which color team to cheer for, so I didn't really have ingrained bias and honestly wasn't aware he'd played for Auburn at that point in time.

He was a larger than life character and I remember how coveted his cards were amongst my friends and I. I remember getting a whole box of cards in return for a Bo Breaker Score card, and how sought after his Bo Black and Blue card was (it was even counterfeited). I watched the Monday Night Football game that basically ruined his sports career. He was an amazing player to watch.

On the flip side, later on I think I got a stack of like 30 1987 Topps Future Star Bo Jackson rookies because they were considered worthless at the time. I know he played for Auburn, but I can't help but feel a bit of regret at how his career turned out.
It was actually Brian Bosworth's career that got ruined on a Monday night by Jackson.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
The stories I could tell of what I saw him so in high school. Like the song....glory days. I have to say I will never as long as I live see a more naturally gifted athlete.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Did I correctly understand him say that the "Bo Knows" campaign made his Nike revenue go up by 1,000%?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.