Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beat Alabama Win A Heisman!

Well not always but its been kind of a trend lately! Tebow, Cam now Johnny Football! Why? Well just shows what coach Saban has accomplished here! Beat Bama and you have done something! The only team that does not envy Notre Dame is Alabama! Would Johnny Manzell have won the Heisman if Texas A&M were still in the Big 12? That move to the SEC has payed off in spades!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Crimson Grin's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Beat Alabama Win A Hiesman!

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    Well not always but its been kind of a trend lately! Tebow, Cam now Johnny Football! Why? Well just shows what coach Saban has accomplished here! Beat Bama and you have done something! The only team that does not envy Notre Dame is Alabama! Would Johnny Manzell have won the Heisman if Texas A&M were still in the Big 12? That move to the SEC has payed off in spades!
    I was thinking the same thing.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tebow won it in 2007 and did not play Alabama that year. When Tebow beat Bama in 2008, Sam Bradford won.

Cam was a clear cut winner prior to beating Bama in 2010.

Johnny Boy was the only one that became a Heisman candidate/winner after beating Bama.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

It pretty much takes a Heisman winning QB to beat Alabama...

I told my younger cousin before the game I thought it would determine the Heisman. Johnny played an amazing game in what was at the time the second highest rated game of the year. He earned his award and demonstrated the level the opposition has to be at to beat Alabama.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

I am happy that Maniel won, but boy this year's finalist for the award, in the grand scheme of things, is a very medicore. None of them "wow'ed" me this year, not even Manziel. But nonetheless congrats Johnathan Manziel. (Yes, I refused to call him by that stupid nickname.)
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    It pretty much takes a Heisman winning QB to beat Alabama...

I told my younger cousin before the game I thought it would determine the Heisman. Johnny played an amazing game in what was at the time the second highest rated game of the year. He earned his award and demonstrated the level the opposition has to be at to beat Alabama.
    Not to hijack the thread but it is amazing how a season and a career can turn on a game. Remember Alabama vs Boston College in '84? I'm convinced if Kerry Goode doesn't blow a knee Bama wins the game and he wins the Heisman not Flutie. He had almost 300 yds total offense early in the 3rd qtr when he was injured.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Beat Alabama Win A Heisman!

Seems a bit of a stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Beat Alabama Win A Heisman!

Would Johnny Manzell have won the Heisman if Texas A&M were still in the Big 12?
    Absolutely not, though somehow RGIII won it in the Big WTF. However, there's no question a redshirt freshman from A&M wins in the Big WTF this year.

That move to the SEC has payed off in spades!
    Heisman notwithstanding, you have no idea. So glad to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Tebow won it in 2007 and did not play Alabama that year. When Tebow beat Bama in 2008, Sam Bradford won.

Johnny Boy was the only one that became a Heisman candidate/winner after beating Bama.
    You are absolutely correct on Tebow, but it took a Heisman effort to beat us in '08. Man how time has flown! I promise you though on Cam, if Bama had held the course in that game and Cam had gotten beat bad as it looked like he was going to be, he wouldn't have won it. That was around the time the shopping around allegations got to going. A bad loss at the end of his season would have killed his chances I believe. But with the miraculous comeback it sealed the deal.

BamaNation Second Team

Re: Beat Alabama Win A Heisman!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Grin View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    x2.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

HEY, HEY, HEY. Where do you get off interjecting facts into this discussion?
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    HEY, HEY, HEY. Where do you get off interjecting facts into this discussion?
    Yep. Cam was head and shoulders above everybody in the Heisman race that year before beating Bama, but that miracle win cemented what looked to be unraveling with the son of a preacher man sweepstakes! You know the biggest hurdle for Cam winning was not beating Bama in hindsight though. It was escaping unscathed from the NCAA's wrath. That I guess was the greatest miracle of the Cam Heisman campaign. At least I was right about Johnny Football!

BamaNation All-American

You gotta beat the best to be the best! Whoooooooooo!