Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Beat Alabama Win A Heisman!

RGIII won in the Big12 last year. TAMU goes to Baylors offense and wins. If TAMU stays in the Big, are they playing for a NC? It usually takes an athletic QB to beat Alabama? Why doesn't Alabama want an athletic QB?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Beat Alabama Win A Hiesman!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Tebow won it in 2007 and did not play Alabama that year. When Tebow beat Bama in 2008, Sam Bradford won.

Cam was a clear cut winner prior to beating Bama in 2010.

Johnny Boy was the only one that became a Heisman candidate/winner after beating Bama.
    If the barn had lost to Alabama and Cam was not able to lead an epic comeback then Andrew Luck may have very well won in a close vote.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

While I disagree with the premise of this thread title, if A & M hadn't had their 1st quarter runaway against us, J M wouldn't have won, or maybe not even been under serious consideration. That was my problem with this. His body of work this year, while overall pretty good, did not justify this. I dont remember the details but wasn't he QB when A & M lost two? He came very close to losing another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    While I disagree with the premise of this thread title, if A & M hadn't had their 1st quarter runaway against us, J M wouldn't have won, or maybe not even been under serious consideration. That was my problem with this. His body of work this year, while overall pretty good, did not justify this. I dont remember the details but wasn't he QB when A & M lost two? He came very close to losing another.
    Well he did break Cam Newtons SEC yardage record who had beat Tebow's so there is that. But in reality this was a down year for a Heisman runaway. Several started out like runaways but died down the stretch and Johnny came up big at the end when most opinions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    http://v4.texags.com/Stories/7223

At about 20:00 in this press conference, OC Kingsbury addresses the fact that in FL loss - Manziel's first time to step on the field in a college game - they didn't know what they had in a quarterback. Because of no tackles in practice, he under utilized JM's ability to make plays with his legs. That game was lost by 3 points and JM had no interceptions or turnovers. In the LSU game JM had a bad 2nd half throwing 3 int's. Even at that, they lost by 5 pts after the kicker missed 2 FG's and an extra pt.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You could look at it as it takes a Heisman trophy winner to beat Alabama. If not the actual winner they usually have a player who plays to that level for one game.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Out of curiosity, when was the last time one team (ok maybe a team outside of us, LSU, and a few other SEC teams) had to face so many Heisman winners in such a short time span? Maybe its more frequent than I think but I think its crazy that we played 3 heisman winners in 5 years (and had one of our own). Yeah I know we didn't play Tebow in 07, but he was definitely a much better QB in 08 and 09 than he was as a sophomore.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I showed the stats after the LSU loss last year, but I think the point some people are missing is that to beat Alabama the opposing QB does pretty much have to delivery a Heisman worthy performance. Whether or not he wins the award, or the game is why he won the award, I can't recall mediocre QB performances beating Alabama since 2007.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BAMAFAN IN NY's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Tebow won it in 2007 and did not play Alabama that year. When Tebow beat Bama in 2008, Sam Bradford won.

Cam was a clear cut winner prior to beating Bama in 2010.

Johnny Boy was the only one that became a Heisman candidate/winner after beating Bama.

Dont mess up a good thread with silly things like facts.
    Touch that thang fo!-- Courtney Upshaw