what are your thoughts on this years pre bcscg hat?

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I hate to change the subject but if anybody knows where I can find one of last year's DONE championship hats it would be greatly appreciated if you would let me know. I have been to about 7 stores in Tuscaloosa and a ton of websites with no luck.

To address this topic, I like the shirt but I personally don't like the hate bill. I do like the Alabama specific shirts. Sadly, I have to wait until after to decide if I buy any or not.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Ugh, what an ugly hat. Nike only designs things for the under 21 crowd these days. Not a fan of the shirt either but, I never buy the pre-game gear.

That hat looks very similar to last years hat:

Hope this doesn't mean that the championship hat will be similar to last years as well because that "DONE" hat was stupid and ugly. I bought one thinking it would grow on me but I only wore it a few times and it has been collecting dust under my bed ever since. I've actually decided to not buy a hat this year if we win because I just didn't wear the last 2 much at all, always default to my classic crimson hat with the white script "A". I'll just get a t-shirt this year and maybe a cup or some other trinket.

rolltideallday, you can have my "DONE" hat if you want it. As long as you don't live half way around the world which would make shipping cost to expensive, you can have it for free. Shouldn't cost much to ship it anyway. I'll just have to dust it off before I ship it. :biggrin: If you want it, just send me a PM with your address. I am DONE with my DONE hat!

Last edited:

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Actually, the secret is to wait until the day after the game and buy this stuff for 50% off. Especially those of you who will be in Miami. ;)

In New Orleans last year, there were places that were selling for 50% off as early as the morning of game day.

Of course, "National Champions" merchandise will be full price. They'll be trying to get rid of "National Championship Game" stuff though.

Last edited:

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Did any of you guys buy/like the 2012 s.e.c bama championship hat?? Just curious as ive had to purchase seven of them for friends and family for christmas gifts.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
On a related note, I don't really like wearing my 2009 national championship shirt. It just seems out of date. I guess the Barn winning the next year made me feel sheepish wearing it in public while they were the reigning champs.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Kinda off topic, but I saw on FB that Bama Stuff was selling the SECCG hats, and the flat bill hat was selling good, but the SEC wouldn't allow those to be worn on field so they had to go with the standard hats on field. Why is that? BTW I think that hat and the one listed here is ugly, but I don't wear them. :)

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
To each his own but i cant understand why anyone would want to wear a cap with a flat bill like that. First thing i do after sizing a hat for fit is to make sure the bill is made of a material that can be bent and curved. Everytime i see players on the sidelines or fans wearing those flat billed caps i t reminds me of when i was a youngster back in the seventies,seldom would you see anybody wearing a cap with a curved bill,most everybody was wearing em flat. Up until a few years ago i thought the only people still wearing a flat bill were senior citizens or fishermen that lived in the north or midwest. Than all the rap stars and quite a few thugs started wearing them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.