Who ya got? OU or aTm?

swamptroll

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fan bases of the other SEC schools is hoping ND embarrasses us.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
The only time I ever consider cheering AGAINST an SEC team is when it is the Barn or UT, even then it is difficult for me.

Go Aggies!!
I always want the SEC teams to win their out of conference games...
but, i also love for UT and Auburn to go 0-8 in conference play...

but, the OOC record helps Alabama and Im all for that. SEC is only the best conference if we beat the other conferences when we play them and keep that respect...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think it will be very high scoring and very close. I'd honestly give Oklahoma the nod here because they're the team with something to prove. I'll pull for A@M though and every other SEC team.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Texas A&M only because they are SEC and it makes Alabama look better.
Exactly. If OU wins, KSU fans will try to claim that they were the true national champions. It's almost always good for college football for Big 12 teams to lose their out of conference games.

My only concern is that Manziel may be hugely distracted from all of the Heisman hoopla.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I always want the SEC teams to win their out of conference games...
but, i also love for UT and Auburn to go 0-8 in conference play..
I also throw LSU in that mix since we now seem to go head to head against them for recruits on a yearly basis. There also isn't much love loss between us. I bet if you ask most corndogs, they are pulling for Notre Dame in our game with them.

As for the Aggies, I would love for them to beat OU. They have a special season going and it would be nice for them to finish it off with a big win over a former rival.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I don't know, will Chuck Oliver be there?
Chuck Oliver received a lot of grief for that from UGA fans, but it is silly to have a press conference if only softball questions are allowed. UGA fans have been making that exact point (can't win big games) on their boards for the last couple of years

I wonder how OU fans would react if that question was asked? Would be kind of funny if Chuck Oliver was flown in just for that.

Last edited:

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fan bases of the other SEC schools is hoping ND embarrasses us.
Swamptroll,i can tell you that the overwhelming majority of our fanbase is definitely pulling for the crimson tide to destroy notre dame. Many of us older dawgs here remember how the notre dame people said they would crush us back at the end of the 1980 season for the national championship. Still love the the utter disbelief they had after we shut em up back than. As far as texas a and m and oklahoma go i think the aggies beat them and do it convincingly. I say aggies 21 ou 10. Bob stoops usually flounders in bowl season and landry jones is probably the most overrated qb in college football.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
at the rate the boys on OU are racking up the weed charges they might have to play in their striped uniforms

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
A&M. I grew up in Texas and, while I don't hate Oklahoma, I have always considered them a parasite program that would not have been able to win 5 games a year if they didn't get 2/3 of their starters from Texas. I would rather see the Aggies beating up on the Longhorns, but Oklahoma will do.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Swamptroll,i can tell you that the overwhelming majority of our fanbase is definitely pulling for the crimson tide to destroy notre dame. Many of us older dawgs here remember how the notre dame people said they would crush us back at the end of the 1980 season for the national championship. Still love the the utter disbelief they had after we shut em up back than. As far as texas a and m and oklahoma go i think the aggies beat them and do it convincingly. I say aggies 21 ou 10. Bob stoops usually flounders in bowl season and landry jones is probably the most overrated qb in college football.

maybe, but right after the SECCG, all the dawg fans I know told me they are now huge Irish fans.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I'm a team fan, not a conference fan. That said, I'm kinda indifferent to both teams...IOW I don't particularly care which team wins. A&M can score but they have no defense....it'll probably end up 54-49. :wink:

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
A&M can score but they have no defense....it'll probably end up 54-49. :wink:
Don't quite understand that comment. Other than LSU, which team this year held Alabama to fewer points? My impression was that Alabama has a fairly decent offense...certainly as potent as OU. Roll Tide.....BTHO Notre Dame.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Boomer Sooner! No contest for me. Ever since meeting some of the OU fans the last time they were in Tuscaloosa makes the decision an easy one. :)

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Don't quite understand that comment. Other than LSU, which team this year held Alabama to fewer points? My impression was that Alabama has a fairly decent offense...certainly as potent as OU. Roll Tide.....BTHO Notre Dame.
Well, A&M finished 8th in the conference in total defense behind Ole Miss and just 20 yards ahead of 11th place Kentucky. As far as our game, I wouldn't say A&M held us to 24 points...we held ourselves to 24 points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.