Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who ya got? OU or aTm?

A&M. I grew up in Texas and, while I don't hate Oklahoma, I have always considered them a parasite program that would not have been able to win 5 games a year if they didn't get 2/3 of their starters from Texas. I would rather see the Aggies beating up on the Longhorns, but Oklahoma will do.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Swamptroll,i can tell you that the overwhelming majority of our fanbase is definitely pulling for the crimson tide to destroy notre dame. Many of us older dawgs here remember how the notre dame people said they would crush us back at the end of the 1980 season for the national championship. Still love the the utter disbelief they had after we shut em up back than. As far as texas a and m and oklahoma go i think the aggies beat them and do it convincingly. I say aggies 21 ou 10. Bob stoops usually flounders in bowl season and landry jones is probably the most overrated qb in college football.

maybe, but right after the SECCG, all the dawg fans I know told me they are now huge Irish fans.
    to 16 and beyond........

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm a team fan, not a conference fan. That said, I'm kinda indifferent to both teams...IOW I don't particularly care which team wins. A&M can score but they have no defense....it'll probably end up 54-49.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I like the history of both football programs but will pull for the SEC and aTm. Johnny is the real deal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Sooners but in this game will be pulling for SEC Aggie! I also want the aTm win for Bebes.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamadp View Post
    A&M can score but they have no defense....it'll probably end up 54-49.
    Don't quite understand that comment. Other than LSU, which team this year held Alabama to fewer points? My impression was that Alabama has a fairly decent offense...certainly as potent as OU. Roll Tide.....BTHO Notre Dame.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Boomer Sooner! No contest for me. Ever since meeting some of the OU fans the last time they were in Tuscaloosa makes the decision an easy one.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by harleyspoon View Post
    Don't quite understand that comment. Other than LSU, which team this year held Alabama to fewer points? My impression was that Alabama has a fairly decent offense...certainly as potent as OU. Roll Tide.....BTHO Notre Dame.
    Well, A&M finished 8th in the conference in total defense behind Ole Miss and just 20 yards ahead of 11th place Kentucky. As far as our game, I wouldn't say A&M held us to 24 points...we held ourselves to 24 points.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't really care, but it T&M comes out and plays half as good as they did against us, they beat OU walking away.

I suspect JM and Co will have a field day against an inexplicably poor OU defense.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    maybe, but right after the SECCG, all the dawg fans I know told me they are now huge Irish fans.
    Any real dawg fans going to be pulling for the s.e.c. team. The majority of our fanbase is not pulling for notre dame. I live/work/commute between athens and atlanta.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 11th, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OU has a shaky D-Line, and A&M has an outstanding O-Line. Against an SEC team that spells doom for OOC opponents.

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Texas A&M ended the season playing some of the best football in the country. I think they will beat OU easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer69 View Post
    I haven't seen anything this year to suggest OU can stop A&M. Against mediocre teams they were in shootouts and barely won. Against the two decent defenses they played (KSU and ND) they scored 19 and 13 and lost at home. A&M is better offensively than anyone they played and their D is probably equal to the two teams that beat them. A&M by 21.
    Really...the A&M defense is as good as KSU or ND? Sumlin has never been known as a defensive coach. I don't get the faith in the A&M D. They gave up 27 to Ole Miss, 57 to La.Tech, 28 to Sam Houston St., 29 to Missouri, and even 21 to Auburn. Their defensive stats aren't those of a great D. They can score, but so can OU. It may come down to whoever has the ball last. A&M scored 45 ppg, but gave up 22 ppg this year. OU scored 40 ppg and gave up 24. Some seem to think A&M and Manziel will score at will against OU, but somehow that great Aggie defense will shutdown Landry Jones and OU...I don't see it.