Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Re: Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

This reminds me of what Coach Stalling used to say: run, stop the run, and win the turnover battle and you win the game.
    :13

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    This reminds me of what Coach Stalling used to say: run, stop the run, and win the turnover battle and you win the game.

Something i found interesting when looking at stats-
    ND- 6th in the nation in defense, 286.83 yards per game and 4.55 per a play.
    Michigan- 11th in the nation in defense, 311.17 per a game and 4.72 per a play.

Just goes to show how misleading it can be, Michigan has a good defense if you look at the numbers, but any Alabama fan can tell you Michigan got ran over like a stampede when they faced an elite Alabama squad that can run and pass.

I do think ND has good defense, but i think the question is, will they hold up against a team like Alabama?
    No team on their schedule has prepared them for us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Stanford prepared ND for us to a degree but Alabama has much more talent on the perimeter than Stanford.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Their D is stout up the middle, but I think we can run outside on them, especially late.

I think we're better in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

We definitely have a speed advantage as expected.

We should be able to hurt them with screens, EL and TJ in space will be a major problem for them.

If AJ is on early, it will be a long night for them.

Even though our D isn't as good as 2011, it will be much better than anything they've seen and should force them into some mistakes.

All in all, if we play our game and don't shoot ourselves in the foot, I think we notch #15 by a fairly comfortable margin.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Stanford prepared ND for us to a degree but Alabama has much more talent on the perimeter than Stanford.
    Stanford was also using Nunez when they played ND. He wasn't very good any of the games I saw him play. Hogan, the guy they used against Oregon seemed to be much more solid. Can't say that that version of Stanford is as quality as our offense.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i've watched a good bit of their games. and one thing that stood out is those guys play "hard" the full 60 minutes. they dont take plays off and fire off the line. reminds me of the intensity of our guys

My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    i've watched a good bit of their games. and one thing that stood out is those guys play "hard" the full 60 minutes. they dont take plays off and fire off the line. reminds me of the intensity of our guys
    Yeah, but to be fair they had to. Two of their games went OT and a few others came down to the final five minutes or so. It's not like us where there were 11 blowouts in 13 games

That should be 10, but it won't let me correct it.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Yeah, but to be fair they had to. Two of their games went OT and a few others came down to the final five minutes or so. It's not like us where there were 11 blowouts in 13 games

That should be 10, but it won't let me correct it.

the point i'm trying to make though is that in their eyes the game is never over. they fight. the same intensity they played in OT and those close games was shown in the 1st half. just like with our team.

I have watched almost every ND since my wife is a ND fan.Their front seven is good enough to play their safety's back against most opponents.Not against Alabama.At some point they will have to load up the box.As good as their D line is,our O line is better.I am very confident in our ability to run.I think we will get the magic 150 yards without much trouble.In goal to go situations they are tough.I can't wait to see Barrett,Chance,DJ,Anthony andCyrus show ND what it's all about in the trenches.It won't be easy but if we don't give up on the run we will win in the fourth.

Couple of things

1) ND has moved the ball between the 20's they have left TOO manny points on the field i.e. the USC game 5 FG's instead of TD's they should have had at least two more TD's. They are ranked near the bottom in redzone offense

2) Robert Woods and Marquiese Lee are BY FAR the best WR combination in the country with PLENTY of speed. Both of them said ND was the best defense they played all year

4) Running straight at Teo like Alabama did with Jarvis would be stupid. First of all they are TOTALLY different type players. Jones is an outside LB who rushes the QB. You run at guys like that. Teo is a big physical middle LB 6' 2'' 255 lbs you run away from guys like that. Think of it like this, on the Ravens D, Jarvis Jones = Terrel Suggs, Teo = Ray Lewis. You run at a Suggs you run away from a Lewis.

5) The game will come down to the two primary things that ALWAYS decides FB games 1) War in the trenches 2) Turnovers

I expect the game to be close UNLESS one team turns it over a lot and then you could have a blowout EITHER way.

Saban has 5 weeks to prepare, ND playing with a fr QB, I expect Alabama to win 20-13.

My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    Something i found interesting when looking at stats-
    ND- 6th in the nation in defense, 286.83 yards per game and 4.55 per a play.
    Michigan- 11th in the nation in defense, 311.17 per a game and 4.72 per a play.

Just goes to show how misleading it can be, Michigan has a good defense if you look at the numbers, but any Alabama fan can tell you Michigan got ran over like a stampede when they faced an elite Alabama squad that can run and pass.

I do think ND has good defense, but i think the question is, will they hold up against a team like Alabama?
    No team on their schedule has prepared them for us.
    Where do we rate on that list?

Where do we rate on that list?
    Alabama is 1st in total defense, 246 yards a game and 4.09 per a play.