Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    I think a better question is "are they better than TAMU in Tuscaloosa". If the answer is no, then they won't beat us since that was the only game we lost this year.
    To take this further - are they better than the first quarter A&M team that beat un in Tuscaloosa? Without that explosive first quarter, we beat A&M walking away, as we outscored them 24-9 over the remaining three quarters...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, I still haven't bought into ND but, maybe I'm still wearing my crimson colored glasses. I've only seen them play in 2 games and I wasn't overly impressed. They've had some great goal line stands but most decent teams have been able to move the ball against them. They have a good defense but, it is not the best Bama has seen this year. There offense though, is no where near the best we've seen. I'd rank LSU, UGA and A&M ahead of ND, there offense just doesn't scare me. Let me put it this way; ND hasn't face a team anywhere near as good as Bama this year but, Bama has faced 3 teams that are just as good, if not better then ND... IMO.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Notre dame does not have anywhere near the team speed defensively to slow down your rushing attack. I think tj yeldon is going to be a major contributor in this game. Depending upon how many carries he gets,i definitely think he goes for well over one hundred yards in this game. Also i look for the tide to throw yeldon some short passes and screen passes coming out of the backfield to try and get him the ball in space where he can make guys miss tackles. One thing i also noticed about tjy was that not only does he have awesome cutback ability,he is also deceptively strong. His ability to not only make the first guy miss but also to break multiple arm tackles is top notch. Notre dame has not seen the caliber of backs they are about to face in this one. To sum it up,in my opinion,notre dame is just to slow defensively. I also think big game inexperience and youth at qb(gholston)is gonna be a big problem for them. I look for gholston to commit more than a couple turnovers. Coaches saban and and smart have a lot of looks defensively that are gonna dumbfound that young qb. They are experts at disguising both coverage and blitz packages,lol,i foresee a long day for gholston.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Notre Dame on offense ranks 76th overall in passing with 218.8 yards per game, 27th rushing with 202.5 yards per game but they rank 76th overall in scoring offense only averaging 27 points a game. Alabama on the other hand ranks 85th overall in passing with 214.5 a game, 20th overall in rushing with 224.6 yards a game and 15th overall in scoring offense averaging 38.5 points a game. ND doesn't seem to have a problem moving the ball but they do not score as often as we do. I can't wait to play them January 7th!!!

The MAJOR difference is the scoring...THAT has been ND's biggest problem, they have been able to run it and throw it between the 20's, but they have to a better job of getting to the end zone

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    I think a better question is "are they better than TAMU in Tuscaloosa". If the answer is no, then they won't beat us since that was the only game we lost this year.
    Um, nah, A&M isn't as good as that led on. When you take everything that happened in the LSU and us playing them back to back means, to me, that we are better than what happened on the field that day. Hats off to aTm for jumping on the chance to knock us off.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    They are certainly better than TAMU and UGA on defense, not sure they are better than LSU due to overall team speed. Offensively they are better than LSU and equal to UGA.
    Looking at Georgia's offensive numbers and Notre Dame's I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. ND has had 4 games where they score 20 points or less. Another 2 where they scored 21 and 22. This is coming with one of the best defenses in the country which should be giving them short fields.

Uga only scored less than 20 once against Florida which had one of the top defenses in the country. Ug'a next lowest point total was 28 against Alabama. Uga has a 3 year starter who despite some mistakes can be very good. They also have a running back who is better than anything Notre Dame has. Gurley is a straight beast and was tearing us up for much of the game. Whoops left out USC game where they scored 7, but who the heck knows what happened in that game.

I see that their yardage numbers are high but looking at their scoring output makes me question people who think this is some sort of elite offense. Georgia was 18th in the country at 37.2 ppg Notre Dame is 76th at 26.8 ppg. To me that is not equal.
    Last edited by RollTide1224; December 10th, 2012 at 03:38 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I see that their yardage numbers are high but looking at their scoring output makes me question people who think this is some sort of elite offense. Georgia was 18th in the country at 37.2 ppg Notre Dame is 76th at 26.8 ppg. To me that is not equal.
    to be fair, I don't think anybody said that their offense is elite. they moved the ball well between the 20s , but have difficulties finishing drives. but I do agreed with you, UGA offense is light years ahead of ND.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    to be fair, I don't think anybody said that their offense is elite. they moved the ball well between the 20s , but have difficulties finishing drives. but I do agreed with you, UGA offense is light years ahead of ND.
    Yeah sorry about the elite I've spent a little too much time on their message boards. They seem to think that Eiffert and Riddick combined are an unstoppable force.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Yeah sorry about the elite I've spent a little too much time on their message boards. They seem to think that Eiffert and Riddick combined are an unstoppable force.
    do yourself a favor, stop reading their message boards. you must remember that this is new territory for the young domers. its been close to 25 years since they were relevant.

Suspended

QBs who can run give Alabama trouble. I worry about the ND QB extending plays and drives with his legs. I hope Vinnie will come up to meet him early in the game. The TE is trouble, so jam him at the line.
    Throw long to Cooper early to get them to worry about him. The Alabama O line will win this NC.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    do yourself a favor, stop reading their message boards. you must remember that this is new territory for the young domers. its been close to 25 years since they were relevant.
    Seeing their delusion makes me smile a little bit. Plus I like being a little agitated. They don't control their board as well as tidefans some of the stuff on there is pretty sad.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

I have a lifelong desire to not watch any ND game. (with the exception of 4-5...In each of those, their opponent wore Crimson...)

But since I was slow on the remote control & to me any college football is better than none, I've seen a bit of them this year. Lot of heart & desire, plus some size.

Generally though, given at least equal talent + something to play for, and given a month to prepare, I like our chances against anyone.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

I don't think their QB is anything to worry about. I think the "Alabama has trouble with mobile QBs" thing is mostly wrong. Cam Newton was the best college player ever, and they held him to nothing for most of the game. I still think that game was more about losing concentration than anything else. And as for Manziel, he didn't do much with his legs in the second half. Both of those guys were heisman winners too. Golson is a decent player, but I've watched some of their games and he's nowhere near the threat that those two are.