Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    There hasn't been a Heisman winning pocket passer during this run and Alabama doesn't lose to statue QBs.
    Mettzenburger and Murray played really well against our defense and they aren't exactly scrambling QB's.
    RTR!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    It took two QBs from LSU to beat Bama in both games now Jefferson, you have to combine Jarrett Lee to that equation!
    Not to mention that JJ had a team of players at Bama's level, athletically. JJ couldn't beat anything by himself.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    Mettzenburger and Murray played really well against our defense and they aren't exactly scrambling QB's.
    And how many times have they beaten Alabama?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Add Tebow, Cam, and Johnny Fball and you can start to get an idea of the type QB who could beat Alabama.
    All Heisman winners that year (or year before (TT)). Are you suggesting Golson is playing at that level?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ beat Alabama twice, so no. Just saying a mobile QB is a threat in this game. I don't think he is good enough to win, but could cause problems with a roll out with the TE.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame doesn't depend on their QB as much as those Florida, Auburn, and TAMU teams. I really think the LSU comparison holds up. People forget that they have their version of Jarrett Lee backing up Golson, Rees. He comes in when Golson struggles and has saved them once or twice this season.

If ND can repeat what got them to 12-0 against us, all they need is an efficient day from Golson where he hits a few big passes. LSU got this from Jefferson and even Lee in 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

JJ beat Alabama twice, so no. Just saying a mobile QB is a threat in this game. I don't think he is good enough to win, but could cause problems with a roll out with the TE.
    And again, I say that using JJ as an example is silly - ND doesn't have NEARLY the talent surrounding Golson as JJ had at LSU.

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

What is silly about a bad QB who can run beating Alabana? It is a threat. Without a few lucky bounces and Gohlson making some plays with his legs, ND has no chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What is silly about a bad QB who can run beating Alabana? It is a threat. Without a few lucky bounces and Gohlson making some plays with his legs, ND has no chance.
    Because that's not how JJ beat us - if it weren't for ridiculous talent everywhere on the field, the fact he could tuck it and run wouldn't have amounted to anything.

I don't think Golson has the talent around him to allow his legs to challenge us very much. They do have a senior-lden OL and such, but they certainly don't have the talent UF, A&M or LSU had surrounding those QBs when they beat us.

I'm NOT saying Golson can't give us problems, and I'm NOT saying ND can't win - I'm simply equating his ability to run with JJ's and therefor concluding he could beat us is a stretch, as on any 'normally' talented team, JJ doesn't beat us either time.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I just think I failed to make my point above.

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Because that's not how JJ beat us - if it weren't for ridiculous talent everywhere on the field, the fact he could tuck it and run wouldn't have amounted to anything.

I don't think Golson has the talent around him to allow his legs to challenge us very much. They do have a senior-lden OL and such, but they certainly don't have the talent UF, A&M or LSU had surrounding those QBs when they beat us.

I'm NOT saying Golson can't give us problems, and I'm NOT saying ND can't win - I'm simply equating his ability to run with JJ's and therefor concluding he could beat us is a stretch, as on any 'normally' talented team, JJ doesn't beat us either time.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I just think I failed to make my point above.
    Totally agree, that's how Bama is beaten. It's something ND doesn't have. I think it ends up like our Michigan game. To me, just my opinion, ND looks slow.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Golson passing efficiency- 131.79
    Denard Robinson passing efficiency- 127.41

Kind of gives you an idea of how mediocre his passing numbers are.
    And Golson is mobile, but hardly the kind of running skills of Manziel.
    He hasn't been running circles around anybody.

ND fans love the guy because helped them make it to the big game this year.
    But the bottom line is he's an inexperienced, mediocre QB, and certainly has never faced a defense like Alabama.
    I don't expect Golson to have a big game.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

thank you CRMSNtide...finally the voice of reason. I think too many of you are drinking the ESPN kool aid. Its just natural over 30 days to start to rationalize in your mind how ND can win, and then you see some ESPN analyst named Golic hyping up ND and you pee yourself. Come on guys this is black and white. stop overthinking all of this. we all wanted to play ND and everyone knew that the sec ship was the real ship. you guys are complicating this. we do have a common opponent remember? nd mich 13-6. nd purdue 20-17. nd-bc 21-6. nd-pitt 29-26. come on guys wake up.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

How did the QB do against the top defenses ND faced this year?
    RTR!