Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    How did the QB do against the top defenses ND faced this year?
    Michigan St 14 of 32 for 178 yards with 1 td.

Michigan 3 of 8 for 30 yards 0 td 2 int.

Stanford 12 of 24 for 141 yards 1 td.

Didn't play against BYU

Oklahoma 13 of 25 for 177 yards 0 td 0 int.

So I would say not that well but most of those were earlier in the year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...everett-golson

Those are his full numbers did most of his damage against BC, Wake, and Pitt.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Has anyone had a chance to watch any Notre Dame games?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Michigan St 14 of 32 for 178 yards with 1 td.

Michigan 3 of 8 for 30 yards 0 td 2 int.

Stanford 12 of 24 for 141 yards 1 td.

Didn't play against BYU

Oklahoma 13 of 25 for 177 yards 0 td 0 int.

So I would say not that well but most of those were earlier in the year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...everett-golson

Those are his full numbers did most of his damage against BC, Wake, and Pitt.
    Well, wow, I thought it would be better than that. But he wasn't a concern for me any way.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Well, wow, I thought it would be better than that. But he wasn't a concern for me any way.
    ND could be suffering some of the same things that UGA was suffering going into the championship game; except for UGA it was their defense was making strides and becoming a dominant unit with Notre Dame it's the offense is making strides and really becoming good. The common thread is that their level of competition went down significantly. Notre Dame's last four were against Pitt, BC, Wake, and USC.

So maybe Gholson has made strides and is much improved, or maybe he did better against weaker competition. My previous post would seem to show that he didn't do that well against the tough compeition. I really hope it turns out just like UGA that they hadn't solved there issues and they were just masked by the level of competition.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've watched ND this season and each time you can see then reigns being pulled on him. To me they gave an issue on both sides of the ball, the biggest being offense. They've had a great season though, gotta give them that.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I watched their game against USC, but it's hard to get a good feel for that game since Barlley didn't play.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I watched their game against USC, but it's hard to get a good feel for that game since Barlley didn't play.
    That game is pretty much the tale of their season. USCw was awful that night, plus played a freshman QB. They weren't going to win.
    Last edited by JBama_in_PCOLA; December 12th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
    ROLL TIDE!

Looking at their schedule, the last decent team they played was Oklahoma, and that was before Halloween.
    Since then we have played LSU, A&M and Georgia, 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10.
    May not mean much, but it seems we would be much more battle tested going into this game.

Plus, our coaches and players are used to playing against really good teams in big games.
    When is the last time ND faced a truly good, top 5 type team?

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    Looking at their schedule, the last decent team they played was Oklahoma, and that was before Halloween.
    Since then we have played LSU, A&M and Georgia, 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10.
    May not mean much, but it seems we would be much more battle tested going into this game.

Plus, our coaches and players are used to playing against really good teams in big games.
    When is the last time ND faced a truly good, top 5 type team?
    when was the last time ND played in a big game that meant anything???

Oklahoma might be the closest in 25 years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    That game is pretty much the tale of their season. USCw was awful that night, plus played a freshman QB. They weren't going to win.
    Agreed. USC's defense is horrible. They gave up 39 to Arizona, 62 to Oregon, and 38 to UCLA. The fact that they were able to hold ND to 22 and lose by 9 all but shows that if Barkley had played, then ND probably would have lost.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I've spent most of the last couple of days watching replays of their games against Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford and USC. I haven't gotten around to Pitt or BYU.

Their defense is the real deal. Possibly, they might be as good as ours is. At least on the one-deep.

Their offense struggles to maintain drives against fair to good defenses. The best defense they've played was Stanford, which held them to 13 points in regulation at South Bend. The second best was USC or Michigan State, both of which successfully stopped drives and forced kicks.

Golson tends to lose discipline under pressure. I think he could be made into a turnover machine with a blindside sack or two.

Theo Riddick is a good RB who could play for us. He's versatile and tough to tackle.

Eieffert is the real deal at TE and will be a challenge to cover without help.

The rest off their receiving corps are good and would probably play in the SEC. I'm not sure any would start for Bama.

We clearly have the better QB (a season's worth of stats tells the story), the better RB's and the better WR's.

They have a slight edge at TE and I think it's very close on who has the better OL. Very close.

They are going to have a very difficult time scoring points.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'd agree with that assessment other than TE. That is one place where they have a convincing edge on us in regards to offense-to-offense comparisons. Efierts matchup on all our coverage combinations scare me the most about ND's offense. Riddick's ability to catch is my second biggest concern...he's probably the best pass catching threat tailback we've seen since those Tebow-led Florida teams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe it's just because of my video game playing days, but offenses that can effectively use their backs and TEs in the passing game are always difficult to handle. They're the natural mismatch positions on the field and the things you have to do to effectively contain them usually opens up easier things for the WRs. If backs are killing you when slipping out into the flats, a coordinator will respond with more flat zone coverages that can open up the sideline for a WR between the CB and safety.

I know that we will defend the run well and force them to do more things in the passing game. I have a feeling Riddick slipping out on first down is going to be one of their go-to's. We'll usually be in some kind of cover-1 man on first down, so it will put a linebacker in man coverage on Riddick.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I've spent most of the last couple of days watching replays of their games against Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford and USC. I haven't gotten around to Pitt or BYU.

Their defense is the real deal. Possibly, they might be as good as ours is. At least on the one-deep.

Their offense struggles to maintain drives against fair to good defenses. The best defense they've played was Stanford, which held them to 13 points in regulation at South Bend. The second best was USC or Michigan State, both of which successfully stopped drives and forced kicks.

Golson tends to lose discipline under pressure. I think he could be made into a turnover machine with a blindside sack or two.

Theo Riddick is a good RB who could play for us. He's versatile and tough to tackle.

Eieffert is the real deal at TE and will be a challenge to cover without help.

The rest off their receiving corps are good and would probably play in the SEC. I'm not sure any would start for Bama.

We clearly have the better QB (a season's worth of stats tells the story), the better RB's and the better WR's.

They have a slight edge at TE and I think it's very close on who has the better OL. Very close.

They are going to have a very difficult time scoring points.
    What did they do to make you think that are the real deal?
    ROLL TIDE!