Last Few Slots, Who Does 'Bama Sign?

ems655

3rd Team
Jan 30, 2007
Chapel Hill, TN
The last seven slots should go somewhat like this.......

1 WR- Foster or Massington
2 OT- Tunsil or Golson or Kneval or Hill or Dawson
1 DT- Adams or Robinson or Bostwick
1 OLB- Thomas or Beckwith
1 CB- Ramsey or White or Cook
1 S- Bell or Conner

My Picks
Massington
Tunsil
Golson
Robinson
Thomas
Ramsey
Bell

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Last Few Slots

My guess right now is:

Foster
Massington
Tunsil or Golson if we miss on Tunsil, but for whatever reason Golson has said they will not end up at the same place.
Knevel or Dawson(Knevel probably because he could be an EE) or Hill depending on how the visit went and one site says the visit went well enough that he might flip back.
Liner
White
Bell

5 of those guys will decide in the next 2 weeks.

Thomas is a name to really watch as well. FSU looks to out now that Stoops is gone. His mother wants him to stay close to home but alot of other people are pushing him to get out. One of the local coaches (Ice) has a lot of pull with 3 of the main HS down there and feels staying close to home is not the best for them. He was one of the main reasons A Cooper ended up at UA.

Ramsey for whatever reason seems the staff may have backed off. Plus his relationship with USC was mainly with Tee Martin who looks to have joined the UT staff today. That with his parents wanting him to stay close to home looks like UT may be the team.

Conner felt very good about but now it seems Ole Miss may land him, but he does have an OV coming up.

Beckwith I like but from everything I have heard grades are a concern and might not qualify.

Cook grades as well and yet to receive a UA offer.

One current commit looks to be an academic concern, and atleast 1 other I have heard the staff may ask to grayshirt. We have 6 spots open but could end up with 7 or 8 more spots.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

So you're landing on the side that Liner will switch. Man, the lava will really spew on that one. Lots of linemen. An editorial on some of our current players perhaps?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

So you're landing on the side that Liner will switch. Man, the lava will really spew on that one. Lots of linemen. An editorial on some of our current players perhaps?
Alot of the sites seem to think it will happen and that he will not make it public because of the backlash until the last minute regarding Liner. The staff seems to be wanting atleast 2 OL in the class and I think if room was Saban would take 3 OL in this class. We have to replace 4 it appears with Fluker's stock rising and depth seems to be a must.

If yo are asking how we fit in 26 players into the 9 senior spots that will open not sure but Saban will make it work. I do think we have atleast 4 JRs leave for the draft and will probably have some RS juniors who get their degree not come back. JMO.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

Alot of the sites seem to think it will happen and that he will not make it public because of the backlash until the last minute regarding Liner. The staff seems to be wanting atleast 2 OL in the class and I think if room was Saban would take 3 OL in this class. We have to replace 4 it appears with Fluker's stock rising and depth seems to be a must.

If yo are asking how we fit in 26 players into the 9 senior spots that will open not sure but Saban will make it work. I do think we have atleast 4 JRs leave for the draft and will probably have some RS juniors who get their degree not come back. JMO.
Are those four?
Fluker
Milliner
Lacy
Mosley

I think that would be the max. There is no way AJ will, or should, leave early. I also think Mosley may be back for his senior year.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Are those four?
Fluker
Milliner
Lacy
Mosley

I think that would be the max. There is no way AJ will, or should, leave early. I also think Mosley may be back for his senior year.
That's the one I'm most interested in. I think the other 3 are pretty much done deals. Obviously I hope AJ doesn't leave and think it would be a big mistake to do it.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Are those four?
Fluker
Milliner
Lacy
Mosley

Yes those 4 are the ones I am referring to. AJ may but I agree he should stay another year. I read a few weeks ago that Mosley told the staff he was returning but he is a 1st rd pick, atleast projected.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Beckwith on his OV this weekend.

"My trip to Alabama went very well. I have been to Alabama before, so it was nothing new or anything, but it was more like them putting the icing on the cake this time. They really put the finishing touches on anything I was wondering," Kendell Beckwith told Scout

He has an official visit set up at LSU for jan 19. Is there a chance he could commit before then?

"Right now I am planning to commit at the Under Armour All-America game. I think I will be ready."

When asked if he had a leader right now, Beckwith said laughing, "I may have to keep that to myself right now."

I have no idea who they will finish the class with anymore, but whoever it will be a fun ride to watch.RTR

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Really just too early to at this point. We still have two months to National Signing Day and the vast majority of official visits have yet to take place. I have a general indication of how things will end up, but for the most part nothing is near being set in stone.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I think we're looking for specific positions to shore up with our last spots:

2 OT: Tunsil, Dawson, Knevel or Hill (2 of those 4; Tunsil gets first pick, but I don't think we get him, so Dawson and Knevel are my picks)
1 WR: Foster is my guess
1 DL: Liner or bust imho
2 DB: Bell, Ramsey, Connor, White, or ? (we need depth; but I have no clue where we stand with these guys, but I'm guessing Bell and White)

I think we sign 1 other, but our staff will be very selective. We may go with another DL or LB. I'm hoping we land the combo above and this last spot goes to Beckwith, but I'm an optimist.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

My guess right now is:

Foster
Massington
Tunsil or Golson if we miss on Tunsil, but for whatever reason Golson has said they will not end up at the same place.
Knevel or Dawson(Knevel probably because he could be an EE) or Hill depending on how the visit went and one site says the visit went well enough that he might flip back.
Liner
White
Bell

5 of those guys will decide in the next 2 weeks.
That is a beautiful list Warrier! If we finish like that we will be in very good shape to continue reloading. Funny, I never really knew the meaning of that expression before the arrival of Coach Saban.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've always wondered why he quit. Anyone know why?
He had only played a few years of football, and CNS's secondary scheme was difficult for him to learn. If he stayed at Bama and redshirted, he would have had two seasons to play. That's what he should have done.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

He had only played a few years of football, and CNS's secondary scheme was difficult for him to learn. If he stayed at Bama and redshirted, he would have had two seasons to play. That's what he should have done.
Thanks, '91. I just remember him coming in highly heralded, only to see him fall completely off the radar screen about 2 months later.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Thanks, '91. I just remember him coming in highly heralded, only to see him fall completely off the radar screen about 2 months later.
Before he fell off the radar screen, he free-fell through the depth chart. I don't think he signed with us to be on the practice squad. DBs are the head guy's specialty but this one clearly didn't work out. Do you think he could be actually human?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.