Yahoo Sports Mock Draft

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That is waaaay off. Jarvis Jones as 29th overall. I don't think so, not with the premium the NFL puts on negative plays. It is impressive that A&M has three in the top 10, but that is off as well. I can see 2, but not Mathews.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Yeah, by interesting thats what I was getting at. It's by far the strangest mock draft I've seen.

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
Jones whould be taken by the Saints among outhers so whould never fall below 10-14th.... but outher then that i cant say i whouldnt be happy if the draft turned out like that :)

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
No way does jarvis drop all the way to the bottom of the first round. Although as falcons fan i would love to see him drop on the boards so the falcons could potentially trade up a few spots and grab him. Just dont see him dropping that low. Also alec ogletree,our linebacker,will definitely be a mid to high first round pick.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The two biggest surprises in those predictions is how high barkley and geno smith are rated and how low Jarvis jones is rated. The draft looks heavy on the OL/DL people with fewer skill guys up high. No way barkley or smith should crack the top 15. They aren't game changers like rg3 or luck.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
There is no way jones goes that low, too good of a pass rusher, and Fluker is a first rounder, period. Barrett could sneak in late in the first depending on what position he's seen at.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
The two biggest surprises in those predictions is how high barkley and geno smith are rated and how low Jarvis jones is rated. The draft looks heavy on the OL/DL people with fewer skill guys up high. No way barkley or smith should crack the top 15. They aren't game changers like rg3 or luck.
I agree, but there are a few teams that are so desperate for a QB that it wouldn't really shock me. Arizona is a complete disaster at QB right now.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
As a Saints fan Jones would be fine with me. :biggrin:

They are talking DE down there. Any defense would suit me. Witness the Giants game.
As another Saints fan they should buy a real DE. Their track record at trying to find a college DE has been horrible.

Jarvis Jones won't make it out of the top 5 much less fall to 29. Who put this out, Mel Kiper? ;)

I'm with Poke, I don't see any team needing any type of guard letting Fluker out of the 1st and Barrett Jones is very likely to come off the board because of his sheer versatility. Could you imagine drafting a legit tackle/guard/center who could probably start but certainly be #1 backup immediately?

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
As a Saints fan Jones would be fine with me. :biggrin:

They are talking DE down there. Any defense would suit me. Witness the Giants game.
As another Saints fan they should buy a real DE. Their track record at trying to find a college DE has been horrible.

Jarvis Jones won't make it out of the top 5 much less fall to 29. Who put this out, Mel Kiper? ;)

I'm with Poke, I don't see any team needing any type of guard letting Fluker out of the 1st and Barrett Jones is very likely to come off the board because of his sheer versatility. Could you imagine drafting a legit tackle/guard/center who could probably start but certainly be #1 backup immediately?
Three of us :D didn't expect any saints fans :D are either of you on saintsreport???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.