Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: More good news for A&M -- maybe not for everyone else

Thanks for the info. I was kinda wondering about the large number of recruits you guys had.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    When a poster has a small post count, a non Bama handle, and talks about other teams, you sorta gotta take what comes
    Guess I understand that, and I know you guys don't know me, but wow -- pretty bad to get hammered by folks out here, then get hammered by your own online. Again, sorry I screwed up. Didn't post it in recruiting because it wasn't about 'Bama recruiting. I've seen others post things here recently about just basic info. Didn't mean to start anything. Wow. But thanks, CC.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    A&M lose a huge number of seniors this year including the two tackles. They'll need some sturdy OL if Johnny Football is to remain vertical next year.
    Manziel is a great talent, but I think it may be a year or two before they recapture another season like this from him. Those two OTs and Senior center played great for them...created a lot of the balance with the traditional tailback runs and they kept the clean free rush off of him. Manziel might be slippery out there but if the DEs are untouched and a DT wiggles free consistently, it's hard to keep on making that magic happen. It's pretty clutch that we catch them early next season because we may find them unsure with what their OL can do or simply have them in bad protections.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    9 of the commits will count towards last years numbers and will start school this coming January (mid term enrollees).
    I thought the SEC put a stop to that. I could've sworn you can sign 25 total including back filling.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Guess I understand that, and I know you guys don't know me, but wow -- pretty bad to get hammered by folks out here, then get hammered by your own online. Again, sorry I screwed up. Didn't post it in recruiting because it wasn't about 'Bama recruiting. I've seen others post things here recently about just basic info. Didn't mean to start anything. Wow. But thanks, CC.
    Sometimes things get tetchy here with new posters. Largely something to do with barners and whosers. ;-) If you weather it, it'll die down, and you can get a ton of information here. Best advice is don't get too upset about people prematurely calling you out, because then it just lingers and no good comes of it. I appreciated this update, although I'd heard about it already. It'd be great to get more info regarding the goings-on in Texas recruiting as they might pertain to us, so keep posting!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    Sometimes things get tetchy here with new posters. Largely something to do with barners and whosers. ;-) If you weather it, it'll die down, and you can get a ton of information here. Best advice is don't get too upset about people prematurely calling you out, because then it just lingers and no good comes of it. I appreciated this update, although I'd heard about it already. It'd be great to get more info regarding the goings-on in Texas recruiting as they might pertain to us, so keep posting!
    I'll try to have thicker skin. Thank you, Doc.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

De nada.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I know what the Texas AD says, but word on the street out here is that Mack Brown is getting his BLEEP handed to him in recruiting. I don't know if I believe that, per se, because like UA, Texas is always going to get a lot of the big names because of who they are. But A&M is climbing FAST.
    I think that A&M may just eclipse Texas at some point...I know that may be a minority thought...

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    I think that A&M may just eclipse Texas at some point...I know that may be a minority thought...
    They're better than them this year. Don't think it'll take much to routinely be better.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    When a poster has a small post count, a non Bama handle, and talks about other teams, you sorta gotta take what comes
    we can also step back and see if they're just trying to contribute to football related discussions...
    sometimes people get a little over sensitive...

...I dont think we should feel threatened by someone posting how our in-conference competitors are doing in recruiting, etc...

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

The influx of A&M posters "post upset" I'm guessing has some on the board a little cautious....

I'm okay with guest posters, but when we start getting multiple "hey what do you think about our team" posts -- it can get old quick....

Plus -- troll sniffing is sort of a side-bar hobby of mine.... (ha!)

RTR
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!