ATH Ricky Seals-Jones Commits to Texas A&M

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Re: More good news for A&M -- maybe not for everyone else

Is this a Bama board or beat my chest Texas A&M writer from the state of Texas? Sorry but this post belongs on the recruiting board even if then. Unproven players and Bama and everyone else should be afraid? Sorry Mitch but 14 posts and you talking about A&M needs to stay on texags.com.

Another thing how does A&M have 34 commitments when they can only sign 25 by SEC rules? Another Houston Nutt?
Was wondering how they plan on fitting 34 into 25 slots. I do know at least 3 or 4 are plain stupid and will never qualify even if the entered the AU sociology program. If I recall, they cant back fill from this year so, sounds like 5-6 will get processed...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

A&M lose a huge number of seniors this year including the two tackles. They'll need some sturdy OL if Johnny Football is to remain vertical next year.

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012

Went to Alabama, thank you very much. Finished in 1994. Just thought I'd pass on a recruiting note that I thought was interesting. Posted in the wrong place. Forgive me, please. :rolleyes: Ever made a mistake? Just trying to bring up something I thought was of note. Sorry I put it in the wrong place.

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012

By the way, my grandad was a Bama fan in the 1920s. My uncle was briefly a roomate of Kenny Stabler's in the 1960s. Three generations of my family went to Alabama. Met my wife there. Get made fun of out here in Texas every day for my 'Bama fleece. Didn't think I'd be attacked on here. Didn't even mean to do anything wrong.

This site has great information, but wow -- posted a few times and been attacked twice. Thanks a lot.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

By the way, my grandad was a Bama fan in the 1920s. My uncle was briefly a roomate of Kenny Stabler's in the 1960s. Three generations of my family went to Alabama. Met my wife there. Get made fun of out here in Texas every day for my 'Bama fleece. Didn't think I'd be attacked on here. Didn't even mean to do anything wrong.

This site has great information, but wow -- posted a few times and been attacked twice. Thanks a lot.
When a poster has a small post count, a non Bama handle, and talks about other teams, you sorta gotta take what comes

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Thanks for the info. I was kinda wondering about the large number of recruits you guys had.

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012

When a poster has a small post count, a non Bama handle, and talks about other teams, you sorta gotta take what comes
Guess I understand that, and I know you guys don't know me, but wow -- pretty bad to get hammered by folks out here, then get hammered by your own online. Again, sorry I screwed up. Didn't post it in recruiting because it wasn't about 'Bama recruiting. I've seen others post things here recently about just basic info. Didn't mean to start anything. Wow. But thanks, CC.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

A&M lose a huge number of seniors this year including the two tackles. They'll need some sturdy OL if Johnny Football is to remain vertical next year.
Manziel is a great talent, but I think it may be a year or two before they recapture another season like this from him. Those two OTs and Senior center played great for them...created a lot of the balance with the traditional tailback runs and they kept the clean free rush off of him. Manziel might be slippery out there but if the DEs are untouched and a DT wiggles free consistently, it's hard to keep on making that magic happen. It's pretty clutch that we catch them early next season because we may find them unsure with what their OL can do or simply have them in bad protections.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

9 of the commits will count towards last years numbers and will start school this coming January (mid term enrollees).
I thought the SEC put a stop to that. I could've sworn you can sign 25 total including back filling.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Guess I understand that, and I know you guys don't know me, but wow -- pretty bad to get hammered by folks out here, then get hammered by your own online. Again, sorry I screwed up. Didn't post it in recruiting because it wasn't about 'Bama recruiting. I've seen others post things here recently about just basic info. Didn't mean to start anything. Wow. But thanks, CC.
Sometimes things get tetchy here with new posters. Largely something to do with barners and whosers. ;-) If you weather it, it'll die down, and you can get a ton of information here. Best advice is don't get too upset about people prematurely calling you out, because then it just lingers and no good comes of it. I appreciated this update, although I'd heard about it already. It'd be great to get more info regarding the goings-on in Texas recruiting as they might pertain to us, so keep posting!

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012
Sometimes things get tetchy here with new posters. Largely something to do with barners and whosers. ;-) If you weather it, it'll die down, and you can get a ton of information here. Best advice is don't get too upset about people prematurely calling you out, because then it just lingers and no good comes of it. I appreciated this update, although I'd heard about it already. It'd be great to get more info regarding the goings-on in Texas recruiting as they might pertain to us, so keep posting!
I'll try to have thicker skin. Thank you, Doc.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I know what the Texas AD says, but word on the street out here is that Mack Brown is getting his BLEEP handed to him in recruiting. I don't know if I believe that, per se, because like UA, Texas is always going to get a lot of the big names because of who they are. But A&M is climbing FAST.
I think that A&M may just eclipse Texas at some point...I know that may be a minority thought...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

we can also step back and see if they're just trying to contribute to football related discussions...
sometimes people get a little over sensitive...

...I dont think we should feel threatened by someone posting how our in-conference competitors are doing in recruiting, etc...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The influx of A&M posters "post upset" I'm guessing has some on the board a little cautious....

I'm okay with guest posters, but when we start getting multiple "hey what do you think about our team" posts -- it can get old quick....

Plus -- troll sniffing is sort of a side-bar hobby of mine.... (ha!)

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.