Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attendance for college football decreases again.

Several years ago I would hold weekly drawings at my workplace for free Alabama home game tickets. The numbers one reason fans did not sign up were conflicts with their children's or grandchildren's recreational league soccer or football games. The second reason was the intimidation of going to a game with 85,000 fans in a town were you were not familiar with traffic flow, parking, or the stadium.

I personally think the game day experience has been diminished by television with the horrible starting times for some games, increased commercial timeouts, and lengthen game times. Wait until we get one of those horrible Thursday night games and see what happens to our attendance. Games are getting more and more about TV and less and less about the fans.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    My wife and I rent a car, drive to Tuscaloosa from Mobile, provide food for ourselves and we don't pay $100. That's gas, parking, rental, every penny we spend. Heck, I'm not sure we ever spent $50 on food in a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Man I need to know your secret. I drive from Fairhope and can see no way of doing it for less than 100.
    That's because he's full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3
    I guess there are different types of fans. I think being a fan is supporting the team. I don't do it for the entertainment.

Then send your $100 check to the UA Athletic Dept and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dartigan View Post
    That's because he's full of crap.

Then send your $100 check to the UA Athletic Dept and call it a day. [/COLOR]
    Do you need an itemized list? I already explained it once.
    The car rental, with fees comes out to around $30. Ok? We drive a little over 400 miles at nearly 40 MPG. If I'm really hungry I spend $5 on a Little Cesar's pizza, otherwise it's a McDouble or something like that. I buy six packs of Nestle flavored water for 99 cents. You can reserve parking for free on A-Day. Do you want me to show you the deed to my house to, or the fact that I have no debt of any kind (ok, my monthly credit card bill does show up as debt on my credit report, but I just use it to get the cash back and so my money has a little extra time generating interest in the bank. I pay it off in full every month)? Managing money is not rocket science.

I feel like there is some sort of disconnect here. Obviously I am not including face value tickets (and I specified A-Day), although I've had free tickets before and I could get cheap tickets if I really tried so may be I could make a go at a home game for under $100 to. I see it more as how do you spend $100, rather than how do you do it for under $100.

You are being quite obtuse. I said I was there to support the team. You know, the players? The ones that show up and play at A-Day and Western Carolina just like every other game. I suppose some people are not aware of the players, but the players are aware of the fans, and when they don't show up and they don't cheer they see that to. I think we'd notice if the players didn't show up as well. It's amazing that part seemed to go completely over your head.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; December 12th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Attendance for college football decreases again.

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Do you need an itemized list? I already explained it once.
    The car rental, with fees comes out to around $30. Ok? We drive a little over 400 miles at nearly 40 MPG. If I'm really hungry I spend $5 on a Little Cesar's pizza, otherwise it's a McDouble or something like that. I buy six packs of Nestle flavored water for 99 cents. You can reserve parking for free on A-Day. Do you want me to show you the deed to my house to, or the fact that I have no debt of any kind (ok, my monthly credit card bill does show up as debt on my credit report, but I just use it to get the cash back and so my money has a little extra time generating interest in the bank. I pay it off in full every month)? Managing money is not rocket science.

I feel like there is some sort of disconnect here. Obviously I am not including face value tickets (and I specified A-Day), although I've had free tickets before and I could get cheap tickets if I really tried so may be I could make a go at a home game for under $100 to. I see it more as how do you spend $100, rather than how do you do it for under $100.

You are being quite obtuse. I said I was there to support the team. You know, the players? The ones that show up and play at A-Day and Western Carolina just like every other game. I suppose some people are not aware of the players, but the players are aware of the fans, and when they don't show up and they don't cheer they see that to. I think we'd notice if the players didn't show up as well. It's amazing that part seemed to go completely over your head.
    He's right it is doable. I have done it coming from Pensacola.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team Bluegrasstide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If people don't want to go to the games, you can't stop them.

-Yogi Berra
    Great! Absolutely great!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    James Carville said it best... 'It's the Economy Stupid'... and it still applies today.
    I've got to admit it helps fill stadiums when you have winning teams year in and year out.
    OR
    Was the economy that much worse in Lee Co. this year, or does S.N.A.S.S. still apply?
    Good post, KISS, keep it simple stupid. The answer to the question is easy, but someone can always find a way to break the big picture into a hundred pieces and start explaining each piece.

Economics. Some schools have greater demand surplus and/or product value, but that surplus is dwindling. So everyone is effected in some degree, we just haven't seen it at some schools, but will if the trend continues.. When the housing market prices tanked, there was a lag before million $ homes where hit. Just like the surplus of tide-pride memberships, the surplus of wealthy to purchase those homes finally hit a critical mass and Boom goes the Dynamite!