Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
At Texas A&M so early will be a great game and great atmosphere.

Weird not seeing Arkansas until October. I'm so used to destroying their dreams early in the season

Great to see two bye weeks and both are before what should be our toughest games.

Colorado State is an interesting out of conference opponent.
Schedule look svery favorable with us playing Tennessee and Kentucky from the east...

Colorado State is a terible team...dont see that one as much of a challenge...is intersting that they're on the schedule, have we ever played them before?

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
We better go undefeated because that's not a great schedule. CSU isn't a terrible team, but UTC and GSU are absolutely awful. VT is 6-6 and lost to Pitt this year. They won't be ranked in the preseason, so that game has turned out to be a stinker too. When we scheduled it we figured they'd be decent.

Byes before TAMU and LSU work out nicely.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I like the schedule. A week off before the circled game against the Ags, and a week off before LSU.

Potential trap game against Tennessee, IF Bielema is able to institute his physical style of play that quickly in an Arkansas squad originally recruited for an entirely different philosophy. If so, we'd have a chance of being beat up at the end of a seven-game stretch.

If AJ returns, the main question will be replacing three all-star OL. If he doesn't, it's probably not going to be a championship year anyway.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
By the way, TAMU opens with Rice and Sam Houston State before playing Bama.

I thought it was cute how they have the SECCG on their schedule for next year. Bama does not.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I am looking to buy some tickets for some games, a friend has seats in N-2 and is offering me decent deals. Is that a good area in the stadium? I don't mind spending really just looking to be as loud as possible and have fun.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought it was cute how they have the SECCG on their schedule for next year. Bama does not.
A&M isn't alone in that. I've seen several schools put their conference championship game on the schedule.
And at the end of next season if we are in position for yet another title everyone will be crying that we didin't play anybody.
That'll be so sweet of them.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I like the schedule. A week off before the circled game against the Ags, and a week off before LSU.

Potential trap game against Tennessee, IF Bielema is able to institute his physical style of play that quickly in an Arkansas squad originally recruited for an entirely different philosophy. If so, we'd have a chance of being beat up at the end of a seven-game stretch.

If AJ returns, the main question will be replacing three all-star OL. If he doesn't, it's probably not going to be a championship year anyway.
Greg McElroy and AJ McCarron say hello.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
RTR91 I think Logan Thomas already announced he is staying. That would be because he is one of the worst QB's I have ever seen. I hope he stays I watched a few of their games and he is freaking awful. If he were to go early I don't see him getting drafted as anything other than a TE.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480239/logan-thomas

Those are his numbers. 2 games with above a 60% completion percentage. We will/would absolutely destroy him.
He REALLY underperfomed this year. Has a lot of talent but couldn't put it together.

Getting A&M early in the year - advantage us. Very nice looking schedule overall.

Thanks for sharing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

our last two national championships were with first year starters at QB. just sayin' ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
A@M in game two will be tough but I'm very very glad we don't play them back to back with LSU again.
i have a feeling that a significant portion of spring and summer will be spent learning how to deal with the likes of johnny manziel. i imagine he will be neutralized in next year's game in college station.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
i have a feeling that a significant portion of spring and summer will be spent learning how to deal with the likes of johnny manziel. i imagine he will be neutralized in next year's game in college station.
Manziel's also losing two offensive tackles projected to go in the top seven picks of the draft.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
everyone has patsies on their schedule. we used to play patsies back in Coach Bryant's day. i don't really mind it that much, especially with the tough nut the SEC west is every year. but this would go away if they went to a 9 game SEC schedule.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.