Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Manziel's also losing two offensive tackles projected to go in the top seven picks of the draft.
    Also there center, 3 WR's listed as starters on depth chart, starting TE, one of their top RB's, 3 out of 4 linebackers if Moore goes pro, FS, CB, and DT. All of those are listed as starters except the RB.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/fls/27...12-fbdepth.pdf

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I like the schedule. A week off before the circled game against the Ags, and a week off before LSU.

Potential trap game against Tennessee, IF Bielema is able to institute his physical style of play that quickly in an Arkansas squad originally recruited for an entirely different philosophy. If so, we'd have a chance of being beat up at the end of a seven-game stretch.

If AJ returns, the main question will be replacing three all-star OL. If he doesn't, it's probably not going to be a championship year anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
    The last few years we've scheduled one of these teams before Auburn. It basically gives us an off week with a scrimmage.

I imagine this year we were already making some preparations for Georgia that week because the Barn was also like a scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    So we have a week off before we play AM and before we play LSU. Cool. Looks like another run at a NC.
    Yeah, I don't think we could ask for a more favorable schedule than that! (It's about time!)

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
    I understand what you're saying, but its hard to schedule better quality teams because they want a home & home.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but its hard to schedule better quality teams because they want a home & home.
    And why couldn't we have done a home and home with Virginia Tech if we were just going to play them twice in Atlanta anyway?
    Lucky #13

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It would be nice to have the first off week after a few games, but all in all it looks like a favorable schedule to make a run a back to back to bacxk titles.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    And why couldn't we have done a home and home with Virginia Tech if we were just going to play them twice in Atlanta anyway?
    Because this year's game wasn't schedule when the 2009 game was.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Atlanta is better for recruiting then Blacksburg.

Saban has said multiple times he likes these games in neutral locations as they're high profile and typically in areas that we want a recruiting benefit...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

Well, our schedule is set up for another championship run. We've gotta make it count!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    The last few years we've scheduled one of these teams before Auburn. It basically gives us an off week with a scrimmage.

I imagine this year we were already making some preparations for Georgia that week because the Barn was also like a scrimmage.
    Which is fine, but people don't need to come on here and complain when there are empty seats at these games.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I really think we will not be challenged until the SEC championship and heres why.

Va Tech isnt as good as they had hoped to be by this time.

TXS A&M will lose key people on the offensive line along with swope (i think)

LSU will be losing big play makers in Mingo and Montgomery along with a few recievers.

Our defense will be way more experienced.

I know Johnny Football is coming back but if people would look closer it wasnt all him doing it. I think they are in trouble if they cant fix that line and fix it quick.

I think LSU will be the biggest fight in the regular season but UF/UGA is the only team I think really poses the biggest and most forseeable threat to a title run outside of big injuries.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    So we have a week off before we play AM and before we play LSU. Cool. Looks like another run at a NC.
    For once we get a break in scheduling.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I know Johnny Football is coming back but if people would look closer it wasnt all him doing it. I think they are in trouble if they cant fix that line and fix it quick.
    The difference is that we have to go to College Station...not the easiest place to play. I think that will be the toughest non-LSU game next year. Though I do think that Ole Miss could be sneaky difficult next year.
    Lucky #13