Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    Schedule look svery favorable with us playing Tennessee and Kentucky from the east...

Colorado State is a terible team...dont see that one as much of a challenge...is intersting that they're on the schedule, have we ever played them before?
    That game is a favor to Jim McElwain.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    The difference is that we have to go to College Station...not the easiest place to play. I think that will be the toughest non-LSU game next year. Though I do think that Ole Miss could be sneaky difficult next year.
    1. Probably the toughest on our schedule next year, but we seem to handle these big away games pretty well with CNS
    2. I like the fact that we'll have the "revenge" factor in play
    3. Our defense should be loaded for bear next year!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    1. Probably the toughest on our schedule next year, but we seem to handle these big away games pretty well with CNS
    Yeah...when was the last time that a Saban coached team lost to anyone twice in a row?
    Lucky #13

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Yeah...when was the last time that a Saban coached team lost to anyone twice in a row?
    LSU 2010-2011 (regular season).
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team tusks_n_raider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's a favorable schedule to be sure with 2 main games that stand out... but we are losing our two best/experienced DB's in Lester and Milliner. The rest of the secondary has been shaky as all get out this year plus two new guys will be thrown in.

Because of that I expect the A&M game is a definite loss unless for some reason Manziel can't take the field that day. The LSU game will be a toss-up like usual.

So I would say we are looking at 11-1 or 10-2. The good news is that the A&M loss would be VERY early and on the road so if it's a close loss it would be forgivable at the end of the year with no more than 1 Undefeated team out there.

I would certainly take 12-0 all day long....I just don't think you can prepare for or handle Johnny Football.....especially that early in the season with a YOUNG defense. He ad libs plays for 10-20 secs and you just can't maintain coverage for that long....The kid is crazy good.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I am wondering how you think our defense will be loaded next season. We lose Jesse Williams, Damion Square, and Quinton Dial from the d-line; Nico Johnson for sure from the linebacker unit; and Robert Lester for sure from the defensive backfield. I would think that both C.J. Mosley and Dee Milliner will be leaving early. That is a lot of experience and ability. I am sure that we have younger guys with ability, but losing that much experience will hurt. It is like comparing this year's defense with last year's defense. While the stats are similar, last year's defense was quite a bit better.

I think we will always be good as long as Saban is here, but I worry about who we lose on defense next year and who we lose on the offensive line. Losing that much on both lines doesn't usually bode well in the SEC when it comes to making championship runs. The good thing is, though, that we never know until we play them on the field.

BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar

Wow, no UF, UGA or USC from the East. That will give TOBC something to scream about.
    Last edited by p'colabamaman; December 11th, 2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added to
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by p'colabamaman View Post
    Wow, no UF, UGA or USC from the East. That will give TOBC something to scream about.
    That's what stuck out to me. We will definitely be hearing about it soon enough, I can hear it now.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

If I am not mistaken, the Ole Miss game is in Oxford and thus we will play our first three SEC games on the road. I do not ever recall that happening. Or was the Ole Miss game changed to make them come here 2 years in a row?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the Ole Miss game is in Oxford and thus we will play our first three SEC games on the road. I do not ever recall that happening. Or was the Ole Miss game changed to make them come here 2 years in a row?
    Yes. The game stays in Tuscaloosa.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Bye weeks before our 2 toughest opponents is great. This is a fairly good schedule although I wish Alabama would stop playing teams like Georgia State and UT Chattanooga. It doesn't do much for the team. Sure they give Alabama a break but it wouldn't hurt to schedule in a team like Duke, Iowa State, Kansas or any other FBS team.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I am wondering how you think our defense will be loaded next season. We lose Jesse Williams, Damion Square, and Quinton Dial from the d-line; Nico Johnson for sure from the linebacker unit; and Robert Lester for sure from the defensive backfield. I would think that both C.J. Mosley and Dee Milliner will be leaving early. That is a lot of experience and ability. I am sure that we have younger guys with ability, but losing that much experience will hurt. It is like comparing this year's defense with last year's defense. While the stats are similar, last year's defense was quite a bit better.

I think we will always be good as long as Saban is here, but I worry about who we lose on defense next year and who we lose on the offensive line. Losing that much on both lines doesn't usually bode well in the SEC when it comes to making championship runs. The good thing is, though, that we never know until we play them on the field.
    That's a lot less losses than last year and this year we are in the national championship game. I know the defense has been shaky in some big games but we have tons of guys who have contributed on the defensive line this year that should be able to replace those guys. Mosley leaving would be the only thing that worries me about LB. Milliner will be a big loss but Fulton and Geno Smith have showed some ability, Belue will be one more year in the system. We have recruited really well at safety and have a bunch of guys with playing time there already.

Compared to our losses from last year I think we lose far less on both offense and defense. I know we lose the three OL and Michael Williams but they have known for a long time that those guys will eventually be leaving I assume they will be able to deal with it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Because of that I expect the A&M game is a definite loss unless for some reason Manziel can't take the field that day. The LSU game will be a toss-up like usual.

So I would say we are looking at 11-1 or 10-2. The good news is that the A&M loss would be VERY early and on the road so if it's a close loss it would be forgivable at the end of the year with no more than 1 Undefeated team out there.

I would certainly take 12-0 all day long....I just don't think you can prepare for or handle Johnny Football.....especially that early in the season with a YOUNG defense. He ad libs plays for 10-20 secs and you just can't maintain coverage for that long....The kid is crazy good.
    Definite loss? No way man.

Manziel had a superb year but he ain't unbeatable. Maybe you're forgetting what WE did to beat ourselves.