Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

i must be missing something. are we not losing 3 all americans off our offensive line. are we not losing possibly mosely, johnson, lester, milliner, jesse williams off the defense? yes, we have talent coming back, but, enough on the off line to protect and promote our rush game, maybe so. big question is aj coming back.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Looks like a good schedule to me.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanix View Post
    i must be missing something. are we not losing 3 all americans off our offensive line. are we not losing possibly mosely, johnson, lester, milliner, jesse williams off the defense? yes, we have talent coming back, but, enough on the off line to protect and promote our rush game, maybe so. big question is aj coming back.
    yes we are losing 3 o-linemen and possibly mccarron andtwo defensive stars, but compared to the rest of the west and our schedule; we look to be in good shape. UF probably will be favorites to win the SEC though.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Aug. 31 - vs. Virginia Tech (Chick-fil-A College Kickoff - Atlanta)
    Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
    Sept. 21 - Colorado St
    Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
    Oct. 5 - Georgia State
    Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
    Oct. 19 - Arkansas
    Oct. 26 - Tennessee
    Nov. 9 - LSU
    Nov. 16 - at Mississippi State
    Nov. 23 - Tennessee-Chattanooga
    Nov. 30 - at Auburn
    Wow two tough games

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

The losses on defense are pretty minimal and the places where we are thin this year, like in the secondary, will probably turn to strengths next year. We played a ton a young players this year! Defense ought to be just fine!

Biggest concern will be if AJ returns and how we plug at least 2 new starters (probably 3) in on the offensive line. I can't remember a time when we had so much talent in the wide receiver department and even if Lacy doesn't return our running backs will be sick!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    The losses on defense are pretty minimal and the places where we are thin this year, like in the secondary, will probably turn to strengths next year. We played a ton a young players this year! Defense ought to be just fine!

Biggest concern will be if AJ returns and how we plug at least 2 new starters (probably 3) in on the offensive line. I can't remember a time when we had so much talent in the wide receiver department and even if Lacy doesn't return our running backs will be sick!
    I don't call losing the entire defensive line, the two best linebackers (one of whom is an All-American who may still stay), the best safety, and the best corner minimal losses. Losing the entire defensive line and 3/5 of the offensive line will make us weaker in the trenches, which doesn't usually add up to wins in the SEC. Of course, we will still be more talented than most teams. It's just that loss of so much experience that makes me think that we will probably be in the 9-10 win range next year. Then again, guys may develop. Others may finally "get it." New guys may contribute here or there. We will see what 2013 has to offer, but I just hope we finish the 2012 season with another championship.

We'll be set up for a run in 2014. You never know, this year's team wasn't expected by many to be that frat either with all the talent we lost. The difference is we're losing major talent for the second straight year and it starts to add up. Our secondary and LBs will go through some pains next year but in 2014 we will have some amazing juniors and seniors.