Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Aug. 31 - vs. Virginia Tech (Chick-fil-A College Kickoff - Atlanta)
Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
Sept. 21 - Colorado St
Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
Oct. 5 - Georgia State
Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
Oct. 19 - Arkansas
Oct. 26 - Tennessee
Nov. 9 - LSU
Nov. 16 - at Mississippi State
Nov. 23 - Tennessee-Chattanooga
Nov. 30 - at Auburn

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
Sept. 21 - Colorado St
Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
Oct. 5 - Georgia State
Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
Oct. 19 - Arkansas
Oct. 26 - Tennessee
Nov. 9 - LSU
Nov. 30 - at Auburn
7 games in a row is tough even if KY, colorado state and Ga State are in there

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And we get to welcome Coach McElwain back. Hopefully we'll be gracious hosts and send them back to Colorado with a big check and a big loss...

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
My first reaction was "WHAT! Second weekend of football is our week off?" Then I counted and realized we have two weekends off (Sep 7 and Nov 2). That will be helpful. I really hope we can pay aTm back for the loss this year in Tuscaloosa.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I looked at this yesterday and can't believe how manageable this is. To me it's a two game season. We will have played a decent opponent to open the season then had an off week going into the am game. Am will have played two cupcakes I think that could give us an advantage. We also get a bye before Lsu. Honesty none of the other games really scare me. Maybe ole miss is the scariest of them all based on how they played us this year and improved during the year. The east slate is a joke and so is the out of conference outside of va tech who was awful this year.

It's about as good as you can ask for an sec schedule.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Quick first thoughts on each game as I sit here 8 months away...
They weren't very good this year, and Logan Thomas is gone to the NFL. Beamer will be looking to rebound. The game has the potential to be a blowout.

Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
Should be a great atmosphere and a great game.

Sept. 21 - Colorado St
Should be a blowout but won't be. CNS won't run the score up on Mac.

Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
Good thing Colorado State separates A&M and Ole Miss. Bama would have some issues with those two NHUH offenses back-to-back.

Oct. 5 - Georgia State
Hope they enjoy their stay.

Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
Oct. 19 - Arkansas
Oct. 26 - Tennessee
Three weeks in a row of welcoming new coaches. Interested in seeing how the teams look under Stoops, BB, and Jones.

Nov. 9 - LSU
Very possible to be another #1 v. #2. Miles began to let Mett be who everyone thought he was when Bama visited this year. Should be a great game.

Cowbells won't be ringing long.

Enjoy your stay.

Nov. 30 - at Auburn
If the Gus Bus hasn't crashed, it will on November 30.

venegoni

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2007
We get a lot of new coaches to break in. But we get them on the back end of the schedule so should have plenty of flim to review.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
RTR91 I think Logan Thomas already announced he is staying. That would be because he is one of the worst QB's I have ever seen. I hope he stays I watched a few of their games and he is freaking awful. If he were to go early I don't see him getting drafted as anything other than a TE.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480239/logan-thomas

Those are his numbers. 2 games with above a 60% completion percentage. We will/would absolutely destroy him.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
RTR91 I think Logan Thomas already announced he is staying. That would be because he is one of the worst QB's I have ever seen. I hope he stays I watched a few of their games and he is freaking awful. If he were to go early I don't see him getting drafted as anything other than a TE.

Those are his numbers. 2 games with above a 60% completion percentage. We will/would absolutely destroy him.
no idea if he stays or goes and I agree that he will never play QB in the NFL. That said he will be drafted as a QB. NFL Owners/GM's will get caught in the same trap that all of the "Logan Thomas for Heisman" idiots got caught in this off season. At the combines, his size and arm strength will wow enough people that they will conveniently forget that he is a sub-par qb

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
At Texas A&M so early will be a great game and great atmosphere.

Weird not seeing Arkansas until October. I'm so used to destroying their dreams early in the season

Great to see two bye weeks and both are before what should be our toughest games.

Colorado State is an interesting out of conference opponent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I was thinking he was a Junior. Still can't believe McShay has him as one of the top QB prospects in the draft. He's thrown 14 INTs this season. Please come back, Logan. Please come back.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I was thinking he was a Junior. Still can't believe McShay has him as one of the top QB prospects in the draft. He's thrown 14 INTs this season. Please come back, Logan. Please come back.
Yeah he is a junior (I'm guessing you meant senior after I typed this), but I think midway through the year after about his 4th straight horrible game he said he was staying.

Yeah I didn't understand the love for him preseason and for there to be any now is awful. He needs to send Cam Newton a thank you note cause he is the only reason people like him. Although they forget the fact he is a much slower version of Cam with less accuracy and more turnovers.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I guess they are sticking with the two cross-divisional games. And still no Georgia regular season game. I am surprised that we are switching Missouri for Kentucky and not Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.