Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
If I am not mistaken, the Ole Miss game is in Oxford and thus we will play our first three SEC games on the road. I do not ever recall that happening. Or was the Ole Miss game changed to make them come here 2 years in a row?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If I am not mistaken, the Ole Miss game is in Oxford and thus we will play our first three SEC games on the road. I do not ever recall that happening. Or was the Ole Miss game changed to make them come here 2 years in a row?
Yes. The game stays in Tuscaloosa.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Bye weeks before our 2 toughest opponents is great. This is a fairly good schedule although I wish Alabama would stop playing teams like Georgia State and UT Chattanooga. It doesn't do much for the team. Sure they give Alabama a break but it wouldn't hurt to schedule in a team like Duke, Iowa State, Kansas or any other FBS team.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I am wondering how you think our defense will be loaded next season. We lose Jesse Williams, Damion Square, and Quinton Dial from the d-line; Nico Johnson for sure from the linebacker unit; and Robert Lester for sure from the defensive backfield. I would think that both C.J. Mosley and Dee Milliner will be leaving early. That is a lot of experience and ability. I am sure that we have younger guys with ability, but losing that much experience will hurt. It is like comparing this year's defense with last year's defense. While the stats are similar, last year's defense was quite a bit better.

I think we will always be good as long as Saban is here, but I worry about who we lose on defense next year and who we lose on the offensive line. Losing that much on both lines doesn't usually bode well in the SEC when it comes to making championship runs. The good thing is, though, that we never know until we play them on the field.
That's a lot less losses than last year and this year we are in the national championship game. I know the defense has been shaky in some big games but we have tons of guys who have contributed on the defensive line this year that should be able to replace those guys. Mosley leaving would be the only thing that worries me about LB. Milliner will be a big loss but Fulton and Geno Smith have showed some ability, Belue will be one more year in the system. We have recruited really well at safety and have a bunch of guys with playing time there already.

Compared to our losses from last year I think we lose far less on both offense and defense. I know we lose the three OL and Michael Williams but they have known for a long time that those guys will eventually be leaving I assume they will be able to deal with it.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Because of that I expect the A&M game is a definite loss unless for some reason Manziel can't take the field that day. The LSU game will be a toss-up like usual.

So I would say we are looking at 11-1 or 10-2. The good news is that the A&M loss would be VERY early and on the road so if it's a close loss it would be forgivable at the end of the year with no more than 1 Undefeated team out there.

I would certainly take 12-0 all day long....I just don't think you can prepare for or handle Johnny Football.....especially that early in the season with a YOUNG defense. He ad libs plays for 10-20 secs and you just can't maintain coverage for that long....The kid is crazy good.
Definite loss? No way man.

Manziel had a superb year but he ain't unbeatable. Maybe you're forgetting what WE did to beat ourselves.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Definite loss? No way man.

Manziel had a superb year but he ain't unbeatable. Maybe you're forgetting what WE did to beat ourselves.
Not to mention we aren't the only school that loses players. Check out their depth chart it's full of seniors and they have 3 juniors that are likely first round picks. I think we stand a chance:)

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Aug. 31 - vs. Virginia Tech (Chick-fil-A College Kickoff - Atlanta)
Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
Sept. 21 - Colorado St
Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
Oct. 5 - Georgia State
Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
Oct. 19 - Arkansas
Oct. 26 - Tennessee
Nov. 9 - LSU
Nov. 16 - at Mississippi State
Nov. 23 - Tennessee-Chattanooga
Nov. 30 - at Auburn
Wow. What a cakewalk schedule. Not a tough game in the bunch. Headed to #16.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Looks like we will never face J. Clowney, not unless we go to the SECCG against USCe.

Would be an interesting match up for CK.

Schedule is pretty easy looking right now, if AJ comes back, i like our chances of being right in the mix for the SEC and national title again.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The difference is that we have to go to College Station...not the easiest place to play. I think that will be the toughest non-LSU game next year. Though I do think that Ole Miss could be sneaky difficult next year.
I'm by no means saying that A&M is a pushover,but I just cant see us making the same dumb mistakes again. As for Ole Miss I'm not sold on Hugh Freeze just yet because there was the same talk going into year two for Nutt after an overacheiving first season. I'm more concerned with Rocky Top because they have a talented team that is just itching at the bit to make a statement.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I looked at this yesterday and can't believe how manageable this is. To me it's a two game season. We will have played a decent opponent to open the season then had an off week going into the am game. Am will have played two cupcakes I think that could give us an advantage. We also get a bye before Lsu. Honesty none of the other games really scare me. Maybe ole miss is the scariest of them all based on how they played us this year and improved during the year. The east slate is a joke and so is the out of conference outside of va tech who was awful this year.

It's about as good as you can ask for an sec schedule.
I think we would've played ole miss a lot tougher if the game had started before 8 that night. Nobody was really in that game. It was just an odd game overall.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's a favorable schedule to be sure with 2 main games that stand out... but we are losing our two best/experienced DB's in Lester and Milliner. The rest of the secondary has been shaky as all get out this year plus two new guys will be thrown in.

Because of that I expect the A&M game is a definite loss unless for some reason Manziel can't take the field that day. The LSU game will be a toss-up like usual.

So I would say we are looking at 11-1 or 10-2. The good news is that the A&M loss would be VERY early and on the road so if it's a close loss it would be forgivable at the end of the year with no more than 1 Undefeated team out there.

I would certainly take 12-0 all day long....I just don't think you can prepare for or handle Johnny Football.....especially that early in the season with a YOUNG defense. He ad libs plays for 10-20 secs and you just can't maintain coverage for that long....The kid is crazy good.
I think you are overselling A&M and underselling Bama. I have my crimson colored glasses off and I see Manziels line diminished and 3 of his Wr's( including Swope) gone. I think Manziel is a phenomenal player but the only reason our defense had fits was because of his WR's ability to stretch the field. Yes he gashed us on runs but he mostly beat us through the air. Also not ot mention that our play calling cost us and the fact we were coming off a very emotional game down in the Bayou. I just dont see us not winning at College Station

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
a pretty interesting schedule. If we finish our business against ATM, we could be running for another NC next year.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Johnny Football is set up for a Sophomore Slump if there ever was one. Losing your line is so tough in this league on both sides of the ball. That and the fact that both seasons could hinge on a game so early. It is a big PLUS for both that each could recover from a loss. If UGA can recover from a 35 point blasting it can happen for anyone.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
And why couldn't we have done a home and home with Virginia Tech if we were just going to play them twice in Atlanta anyway?

Bama was not negotiating with VT for either game. They were negotiating with the Atlanta Sports Council. And the ASC was not initially negotiating with VT for the 2013 game. The ASC originally had a tentative agreement with USC to play in either 2013 or 2014 (their choice) and the USC preferred opponent was Bama. Therefore, the ASC was negotiating with Bama for both years because they did not know which year USC would choose. When USC bailed out with the HC and AD changes, the ASC had to look elsewhere. Bama wound up being contracted for both years. VT in 2013 and WVU in 2014.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
I totally agree.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
Those games are exactly why the 12th game WAS added. The rule that restricted playing 1AA teams only once every four years was abolished on the exact same day the 12th game was added.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
i must be missing something. are we not losing 3 all americans off our offensive line. are we not losing possibly mosely, johnson, lester, milliner, jesse williams off the defense? yes, we have talent coming back, but, enough on the off line to protect and promote our rush game, maybe so. big question is aj coming back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.