Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i must be missing something. are we not losing 3 all americans off our offensive line. are we not losing possibly mosely, johnson, lester, milliner, jesse williams off the defense? yes, we have talent coming back, but, enough on the off line to protect and promote our rush game, maybe so. big question is aj coming back.
yes we are losing 3 o-linemen and possibly mccarron andtwo defensive stars, but compared to the rest of the west and our schedule; we look to be in good shape. UF probably will be favorites to win the SEC though.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Aug. 31 - vs. Virginia Tech (Chick-fil-A College Kickoff - Atlanta)
Sept. 14 - at Texas A&M
Sept. 21 - Colorado St
Sept. 28 - Ole Miss
Oct. 5 - Georgia State
Oct. 12 - at Kentucky
Oct. 19 - Arkansas
Oct. 26 - Tennessee
Nov. 9 - LSU
Nov. 16 - at Mississippi State
Nov. 23 - Tennessee-Chattanooga
Nov. 30 - at Auburn
Wow two tough games

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The losses on defense are pretty minimal and the places where we are thin this year, like in the secondary, will probably turn to strengths next year. We played a ton a young players this year! Defense ought to be just fine!

Biggest concern will be if AJ returns and how we plug at least 2 new starters (probably 3) in on the offensive line. I can't remember a time when we had so much talent in the wide receiver department and even if Lacy doesn't return our running backs will be sick!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The losses on defense are pretty minimal and the places where we are thin this year, like in the secondary, will probably turn to strengths next year. We played a ton a young players this year! Defense ought to be just fine!

Biggest concern will be if AJ returns and how we plug at least 2 new starters (probably 3) in on the offensive line. I can't remember a time when we had so much talent in the wide receiver department and even if Lacy doesn't return our running backs will be sick!
I don't call losing the entire defensive line, the two best linebackers (one of whom is an All-American who may still stay), the best safety, and the best corner minimal losses. Losing the entire defensive line and 3/5 of the offensive line will make us weaker in the trenches, which doesn't usually add up to wins in the SEC. Of course, we will still be more talented than most teams. It's just that loss of so much experience that makes me think that we will probably be in the 9-10 win range next year. Then again, guys may develop. Others may finally "get it." New guys may contribute here or there. We will see what 2013 has to offer, but I just hope we finish the 2012 season with another championship.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
We'll be set up for a run in 2014. You never know, this year's team wasn't expected by many to be that frat either with all the talent we lost. The difference is we're losing major talent for the second straight year and it starts to add up. Our secondary and LBs will go through some pains next year but in 2014 we will have some amazing juniors and seniors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.