Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors

Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    December 12th, 2012 12:11 AM

The college football regular season is in the past, meaning it’s time to advance to the next phase of the season: Keeping track of all Nick Saban-related employment rumors. . From the time Saban left LSU onward, his employment status has been watched like the depository [...]

Read More Here
    Last edited by BamaNation; December 14th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors

As always, Jess, well formulated and argued. Why wallow in the mud when no one will believe you anyway? Unfortunately for Coach Saban, addressing these rumors is the proverbial lose-lose situation, so there's just no point.

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Whenever he does leave, there will be some who say "I knew he would leave when you hired him". I have enjoyed the ride even if he leaves tomorrow No one stays forever.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Two thoughts:

1. There's an old phrase (from Shakespeare) that applies here: "The wish was father to the thought." There are so many fan bases, especially in the SEC, that so desperately want Alabama to begin the post-Saban era that they'll seize on any possible arrangement of words in support of their dream.

2. It's great to have a coach that other schools wish were gone. I remember, not that many years ago, when other schools hoped our coach would stay.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks Jess for putting Saban's future employment choices in it's proper perspective. It is what it is. It has become our Holiday Tradition and I look forward to enjoying this tradition for several more years.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Thanks Jess as always spot on analysis. When it is time CNS will know and we will then begin to write the next chapter in Alabama football lore.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    December 12th, 2012 12:11 AM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Dec. 11, 2012   The college football regular season is in the past, meaning it’s time to advance to the next phase of the season: Keeping track of all Nick Saban-related employment rumors.   From the time Saban left LSU onward, his employment status has been watched like the depository [...]

Read More Here
    Smart and thoughtful.

"If Alabama needed to, it could perform the financial equivalent of drinking the Longhorns under the table."

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Fantastic read as always, Jess.

When I think of the inevitable - Coach Saban someday moving on - I look at Michigan State and LSU. His last two college jobs, and both have had extended success after his departure. Alabama's task of replacing him when that time comes will no doubt be difficult, but Coach Saban has built a program that can easily sustain its success with a competent leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    When I think of the inevitable - Coach Saban someday moving on - I look at Michigan State and LSU. His last two college jobs, and both have had extended success after his departure.
    I would go as far as to say that the LSU case proves that after Saban has "Processed" your program, all you have to do is trot out a trained monkey in a hat for your coach and you can compete for championships for the better part of the next decade!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

You said vault.
    RIP Hub

Quote Originally Posted by UAME View Post
    I would go as far as to say that the LSU case proves that after Saban has "Processed" your program, all you have to do is trot out a trained monkey in a hat for your coach and you can compete for championships for the better part of the next decade!
    That's a pretty accurate description of Les Miles.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well said.....
    "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE? DON'T Y'ALL TAKE YOUR FOOTBALL SERIOUSLY?" -- Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet!