JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 12th, 2012 12:11 AM

The college football regular season is in the past, meaning it’s time to advance to the next phase of the season: Keeping track of all Nick Saban-related employment rumors. . From the time Saban left LSU onward, his employment status has been watched like the depository [...]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
As always, Jess, well formulated and argued. Why wallow in the mud when no one will believe you anyway? Unfortunately for Coach Saban, addressing these rumors is the proverbial lose-lose situation, so there's just no point.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Whenever he does leave, there will be some who say "I knew he would leave when you hired him". I have enjoyed the ride even if he leaves tomorrow No one stays forever.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Two thoughts:

1. There's an old phrase (from Shakespeare) that applies here: "The wish was father to the thought." There are so many fan bases, especially in the SEC, that so desperately want Alabama to begin the post-Saban era that they'll seize on any possible arrangement of words in support of their dream.

2. It's great to have a coach that other schools wish were gone. I remember, not that many years ago, when other schools hoped our coach would stay.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Jess as always spot on analysis. When it is time CNS will know and we will then begin to write the next chapter in Alabama football lore.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Bama’s newest holiday tradition: Shooting down Saban rumors
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 12th, 2012 12:11 AM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Dec. 11, 2012   The college football regular season is in the past, meaning it’s time to advance to the next phase of the season: Keeping track of all Nick Saban-related employment rumors.   From the time Saban left LSU onward, his employment status has been watched like the depository [...]

Read More Here
Smart and thoughtful.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Fantastic read as always, Jess.

When I think of the inevitable - Coach Saban someday moving on - I look at Michigan State and LSU. His last two college jobs, and both have had extended success after his departure. Alabama's task of replacing him when that time comes will no doubt be difficult, but Coach Saban has built a program that can easily sustain its success with a competent leader.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
When I think of the inevitable - Coach Saban someday moving on - I look at Michigan State and LSU. His last two college jobs, and both have had extended success after his departure.
I would go as far as to say that the LSU case proves that after Saban has "Processed" your program, all you have to do is trot out a trained monkey in a hat for your coach and you can compete for championships for the better part of the next decade!

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I would go as far as to say that the LSU case proves that after Saban has "Processed" your program, all you have to do is trot out a trained monkey in a hat for your coach and you can compete for championships for the better part of the next decade!
That's a pretty accurate description of Les Miles.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What I love about the rumors over Saban now is that they are attached to positions that aren't even open. He's been a done deal to the Longhorns, Cowboys, and Browns...none are even open for employment!

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
"If Alabama needed to, it could perform the financial equivalent of drinking the Longhorns under the table."

:biggrin:
My dad told me about the same thing back when coach Saban was hired and all the media was aghast at what Bama was paying him except he was talking about what the pro's could offer. In other words if Bama wanted him no one else could out bid Bama. He died in the spring of '08 and only got to see coach Saban's first season, but he told me Bama would win a national championship in a couple years or so when Saban got his recuits in place.

Not that he had any special insight into the future as we all thought the same thing but that remark by Jess reminded me of what he said. Roll Tide Roll!!! :)

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
the highest paid coach in sports is Bill Belichick at 7.5 mill a year.... if you dont think Alabama would change that stat if necessary, you are delusional.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.