Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Athlon way to early 2013 Top 25

This is really to early. they are counting on AJ returning. It would be nice if he did, It would also be great to be ranked #1 at least one week for six straight years .

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...ll-top-25-2013

1. Alabama
    Even if the Crimson Tide loses to Notre Dame in the BCS Championship, Nick Sabanís team should be in the mix for the No. 1 spot once again next season. Quarterback AJ McCarron should build on his junior season (2,669 yards and 26 touchdowns) and thereís no shortage of playmakers around him with T.J. Yeldon returning at running back and Amari Cooper at receiver. The offensive line will be a huge concern, especially as center Barrett Jones and guard Chance Warmack finish their eligibility, and tackle D.J. Fluker will likely enter the NFL Draft. While the offensive line could be a work in progress early in the year, the defense will once again be one of the best in the nation. Alabama continues to stockpile talent on the recruiting trail, so help on both sides of the ball could come in the form of a few prospects in the 2013 class. The Crimson Tide has a favorable schedule in SEC play, as they miss South Carolina, Florida and Georgia in crossover games with the East Division.

2. Ohio State

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Georgia

6. Florida

7. Texas A&M

SEC fatigue............again!!!
    to 16 and beyond........

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Athlon way to early 2013 Top 25

They think AJ comes back?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Re: Athlon way to early 2013 Top 25

I have absolutely no inside information, but I suspect that he will. I think he needs another year to improve his draft position.

Where's USCw????

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

If you look at Ohio's schedule......it is cupcake. So in my mind, I had them in the championship game. They will lose a ton of talent though next year to either graduation or the draft but thet have Miller coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Many think this is the case at this point...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

I certainly do. No way AJ even needs to think about leaving early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

It's hard to see him going in the first 2 rounds of the draft due to competition at the QB spot.

It's certainly possible, but I think the odds are he returns at this point. I'll say this though. I look back at the recent drafts and see some of the guys that went in the first round (Blane Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Ryan Tannehill) and I think AJ is a better prospect than those guys were.

Phil Savage on JOX today was asked about AJ and thinks he will return. I really like his insight.

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Even if/when AJ has a light's out NCG, he would be giving up potentially MILLIONS of dollars by coming out this year instead of waiting. He can do no worse by waiting, but he certainly CAN improve his stock by working on his game and body for another year before entering the draft, for sure.
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

I think a lot of the "AJM to the NFL" talk began this past offseason and snowballed with his excellent start. I think, as CA states above, that the people around AJM have stopped pushing for it... and they were the primary reason why many thought he was a shoo-in to leave earlier in the year.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    It's hard to see him going in the first 2 rounds of the draft due to competition at the QB spot.

It's certainly possible, but I think the odds are he returns at this point. I'll say this though. I look back at the recent drafts and see some of the guys that went in the first round (Blane Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Ryan Tannehill) and I think AJ is a better prospect than those guys were.
    He could go in the first two rounds, if there weren't all those great Bama players going into the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaglory View Post
    Phil Savage on JOX today was asked about AJ and thinks he will return. I really like his insight.
    That tells me all I need to know. Phil is as plugged into the Alabama program as anyone out there.