BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: Athlon way to early 2013 Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    They think AJ comes back?
    Yes, he is coming back. He wants to finish his degree and play one more year with his brother, Corey.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Georgia is a little high on their list. I think their defense will have to be completely re-built.

As for us, we should be a much improved team overall. I've been impressed with our backup OL, so I don't see much of a drop off there. With Cooper and Black plus the other WR's we have they should be a force and even if our only RB coming in was Henry we should be unstoppable running the ball.

Defensively we don't lose much and all the talent on that side of the ball should be more experienced.

Our biggest downside could be leadership again, but this time on both sides of the ball. We'll just have to see who develops as a leader.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    I have absolutely no inside information, but I suspect that he will. I think he needs another year to improve his draft position.
    he may not, but he definitly should come back...
    i think he could improve his draft status significantly by staying for his senior year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    That tells me all I need to know. Phil is as plugged into the Alabama program as anyone out there.
    He's a great source on this matter because he's close to our program AND the NFL franchises through the Senior Bowl. If he thinks he's coming back then he probably has a great idea of McCarron's draft grade if he asked for information. I think McCarron is a 3rd round grade right now and Saban usually gets back everyone who doesn't have a 1st round draft grade to come back. Kareem Jackson was an exception...he had a 2nd round grade but he got into the 1st round.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Athlon way to early 2013 Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post
    Yes, he is coming back. He wants to finish his degree and play one more year with his brother, Corey.
    Did someone confirm that or is that here say?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think it is hearsay. The real evidence is that McCarron looks like a 3rd round grade if he requests information from the draft board. Saban gets back almost everyone who grades out below first round.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're gonna be LOADED next year.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

A real bonus would be if we could get just one of: Milliner, DJ, Mosley, and Lacy back. I think there's a really good chance that they all leave. Saban has alluded to Fluker leaving early, I think there's no chance in hell Milliner comes back, and he shouldn't have to, because he could be a top 10 pick. I think Lacy will leave, but we should be more than fine with Yeldon, and Fowler and Hart coming back healthy, in addition to Altee and Henry coming in. Kenyon Drake, imo, will be substantially better with a year under his belt, too. CJ will probably be picked in the mid-late 20's, and Saban definitely gives a player of his, that is a projected first round pick, the green light to go, but another poster said on another thread that apparently, CJ is/was leaning towards staying.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mosley has some things he could improve on in college...he's still just about a solid low 1st round pick already though. I think he could enhance his career by showing some growth as a base defense LB but the things he does well are already top-tier.