Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Latest Bama News 12/12/12

This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
    interesting SEC news, and salient football news:

The Tide won the SEC, the conference that has produced the past six national champions and stands poised to make it seven, but two awards? Indeed, just two awards, and it says a lot worth liking about this Alabama team. As billed, it truly missed the star power of other Nick Saban-coached Alabama teams, yet look where the Tide stands. This Alabama team proved it’s possible to stay on top after losing several stars on defense and a Heisman-finalist running back in Trent Richardson from a national-championship team. So much for the parity era. This Alabama team proved it’s possible to win a national championship and come back hungry and focused enough to play for another the next season. So much for the lessons of 2010, when the Tide lost three regular-season games after going undefeated in 2009. Perhaps this season more than any other, the Nick Saban recruiting and focus machine took hold. The players were good enough, even without proven stars, and the whole was better than the sum of its parts.

Anniston Star - Light haul of awards validation for ’12 Tide
    Last edited by kyallie; December 12th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/12/12

"I would be shocked if he comes back to pro football after sitting down with him. My son was in the program for a year so I was able to teach a lot of clinics with coach and I was able to sit down and talk with him. I also talked with him before last year's national championship game. For those on the outside who don't think he's enjoying this, they really don't know him." Carter also said he believes Saban's coaching style would be ill-fitted for the pro game, something he believes the coach is well aware of. "If you look at his roster the last four or five years, he's coaching a pro team. So why would he go to the pros when he can coach better kids at Alabama, have more control over the roster and face less skill at the coaching level than facing Bill Belichick on a weekly basis?"
    Cris Carter says he doesn't buy rumors about Nick Saban's potential return to the NFL | al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban will be inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2013:

Saban in ASHOF Class of 2013-BamaonLine

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Saban joked that he "may not have eight minutes worth of information that will interest anyone" after an official from the Touchdown Club told reporters at The Raquet Club of Memphis they'd only have about eight minutes for questions. Then he joked that he looked "like a vagabond" with all of the wires sticking out of his pockets from the various microphones of the local television stations. He grinned from ear-to-ear when talking about his second-ranked Crimson Tide — especially when he was asked about his star center Barrett Jones, who grew up in Germantown and starred at Evangelical Christian School. "He's been an excellent community service leader on top of being a fantastic player for us," Saban said of Jones. "Our offensive line has done an outstanding job all year for us, and Barrett certainly contributes to that in a lot of ways because the center is the leader of the group."

Tide coach Nick Saban shows his softer side at TD Club of Memphis » The Commercial Appeal

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

We're not taking into account the running backs going against opposing front seven's and the lines blocking for them here. Nevertheless, on a talent versus talent outlook, Notre Dame can't lose this running back battle by much and still win the game. If Alabama runs for 150 yards, the Irish have to get around 130 and make this matchup as much of a draw as possible. Easier said than done.
    BCS Title Game Matchup: Running Back - One Foot Down

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Back in the 1950s, the Crimson Tide had an elephant holding a champagne glass, although it looks a little like an ice cream cone.

Remember Alabama’s logo from the 1950s?-Daily Bama Blog?

Forgettable..

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The 6-foot, 205-pound running back rushed for 2,058 yards and 35 touchdowns while leading Lovejoy (Ga.) to the state championship game for the second straight year According to the report, there's a connection between Alabama and Lovejoy. Paul Gonella, the director of player personnel at Alabama, is a former assistant at Lovejoy. "He has known Travis the whole time," Hughes told the AJC. "When he was at Purdue, they were recruiting Travis like crazy. When he got to Alabama, I guess he brought Travis' name into the mix down there."

Is Alabama looking at Georgia Tech recruit Travis Custis?-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

(Second of six parts) One year after its epic Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame, Alabama and the Fighting Irish squared off in a similarly close battle in the Orange Bowl.
    Alabama-Notre Dame: Quest for revenge goes unrewarded at 1975 Orange Bowl (Part II)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

In their latest "SECond Look" video report about football in the SEC, Randy Kennedy and Mike Herndon turn their attention to Auburn's recent coaching staff hires.
    SECond Look video: Auburn's coaching clean sweep; looking back at Alabama-Notre Dame games-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Speculation about Saban to the Cleveland Browns running way ahead of the facts.
    Scarbinsky: Nick Saban's 'very content' at Alabama, Michael Lombardi says-al.com

Just 'til after #15.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

South Panola safety Antonio Conner said Tuesday that he plans to take official visits to Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Georgia and LSU, and the rangy senior will likely make his decision public during the Under Armor All-American Game in early January.
    Will Antonio Conner, Mississippi's top prospect, end up at Alabama? (video)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Warm up your cold Wednesday morning with a quick job around the SEC as we take a look at the latest headlines for all 14 schools in the league.

What they're saying around the SEC on Wednesday (links)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The tour was “around 11 a.m.” or “about 30 minutes before the news broke,” Danzey said. The 6-foot-3, 303-pound offensive lineman did not let Tuberville’s departure ruin his visit. “Everybody was going crazy,” Danzey said. “The players were shocked, too. We still had a good time at night, but it was crazy how he just got up and left out of nowhere and left people in the dark and in the shadow.”

Tuberville left recruits at dinner-247sports.com

CTT, a truly, class(less) act..