Link: Typical classy Tubbs, from the Lubbock paper

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Tuberville is no better than a snake oil salesman. Total sleazebag. The new coach at Tennessee sounds a lot like him if you listen to his introductory speech to the team. He'll take another job the second he gets the opportunity.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
So what you're saying is that Tommy Tubberville is a standard head college football coach?
I'm saying he's a lying, classless scumbag. His stint at Auburn, Ole Miss and now Texas Tech proved that. The way he slapped that assistant coach on the sidelines during a game didn't help matters in Lubbock. Not every coach out there handles exits from schools like Tuberville has. Now I'm sure you're probably going to bring up how Saban left LSU and Miami but I think he's learned a lot from those experiences and learned how to handle things like that better. Tuberville ? Not so much.

Last edited:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
He should have finished dinner with the recruits, and then not appeared in any events the next day. Leaving mid-dinner sends an extremely arrogant, bridge-burning message to all the recruits.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
He should have finished dinner with the recruits, and then not appeared in any events the next day. Leaving mid-dinner sends an extremely arrogant, bridge-burning message to all the recruits.

Thank you. But as I said before, coming from Tuberville this isn't surprising at all. He's shown how classless he can be with the way he exited Ole Miss and his antics at Auburn.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I happened to know a good bit about what went down in Oxford. My wife is from there. He'd already accepted the AU job at the time he was still telling OM that he was staying. Worse, when he left he and his staff too all the playbooks and certain other materials the University considered school property. He only returned the stolen items under threat of court action...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I recall when Kiffen left Tennessee, they had to chase him down to get his cell phone (full of recruiting info) back from him.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I recall when Kiffen left Tennessee, they had to chase him down to get his cell phone (full of recruiting info) back from him.
Kiffin's bad ways are catching up with him big time right now at USC. That program is teetering on total irrelevance right now with the scholarship limitations starting to really take hold. They were a national title contender preseason and limped to a 7-5 record.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yep... Tubby taught Lubbock another meaning for the term 'Fear the Thumb'...
He stuck it in their eye on his way out the door. ;)

Hate to say it but they are both so classy, they deserved each other.

You can bet that Mike Leach, and his parrot, are grinning about the way Tubby left town...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not to defend Tubby, but once he (or his agent) accepted the new job, there may have been NCAA rules keeping him from having any further contact with the recruits. The NCAA is known for picky rules and it wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't let him tell the kids he suddenly had a personal issue and couldn't finish dinner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.