Link: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: AJ will return for senior season

Welcome back AJ. That will make a huge difference next year. It will also give our back up QB's more time to develop.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Good news and IMHO, best for AJ. But before we start talking about number 16, let's win 15 first.

RTR!!!!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Dear WR we are recruiting,
We have someone that will be here next year, that has proven he can throw you the ball. You got game? Come prove it like Amari Cooper, and get on the field. There's room for YOU!

Yours truly,
The University of Alabama Coaching Staff

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm glad he's returning because it makes it easier to redshirt Bateman. Though he will surely compete for the #2 job and I'd be ok if he won it. The best players pay.

I would like to say that next year's WR corps "if healthy" would be the deepest I've ever seen at Alabama. We are talking FIVE receivers who have not only played extensively but each has taken over games before making big plays. Add to those five Chris Black who according to legend might be as good as several of the five. If that were not enough we have Cyrus Jones who looked fantastic in the high school all star games and looked good in limited action this season.

If Cyrus Jones improves and Chris Black is as good as advertised we could run out 8 wide receivers who can beat you.

I've even ignored Marvin Shinn who at 6' 4" 198 lbs if he ever learns body control could be a force in the middle.

The injuries we've suffered this year have been horrific but it's set up a lot of young players with massive playing time.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Just need to develop a wall of protection around him. Luckily, we've had lots of games that the back up OL has gotten valuable experience.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm glad he's returning because it makes it easier to redshirt Bateman. Though he will surely compete for the #2 job and I'd be ok if he won it. The best players pay.
Actually, if it's Bateman that wins the #2 spot I hope he doesn't redshirt and can get some valuable pt throughout the year which sets him up (if he wins the #2 spot) to be able to enter his sophomore year ready to play!

Of course, if it's Morris it won't matter if Bateman redshirts, but regardless play the best which is what CNS will do!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: AJ will return for senior season

In this offense I though AJ would not get his dues until his senior season. I think another year of mental maturity will do him justice too like it did manning. Many scouts want to see him without the present OL, and they will get their chance. His stock will only go up.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
With the weapons he will have at his disposal at wideout (Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones), Running Back (Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Tenpenny, Henry), and someone as athletic/versatile as O.J. Howard, I expect another phenomenal season. Adding a guy like Robert Foster would just be an extra layer of icing on the cake.

As far as the O-Line is concerned, we will lose 3 starters but I've been impressed with some of the 2nd teamers that have gotten quite a bit of playing time, namely, Arie Kouandjio and Kellen Williams. They will only improve with another offseason in the weightroom with Cochran, and going up against a Defensive Front every day in practice that should have a lot of talent and depth. I like the Offensive Lineman we have in our recruiting class already, and if we can add Tunsil and another lineman, it would be another case of "the rich getting richer."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.