Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Re: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

I'm glad he's returning because it makes it easier to redshirt Bateman. Though he will surely compete for the #2 job and I'd be ok if he won it. The best players pay.

I would like to say that next year's WR corps "if healthy" would be the deepest I've ever seen at Alabama. We are talking FIVE receivers who have not only played extensively but each has taken over games before making big plays. Add to those five Chris Black who according to legend might be as good as several of the five. If that were not enough we have Cyrus Jones who looked fantastic in the high school all star games and looked good in limited action this season.

If Cyrus Jones improves and Chris Black is as good as advertised we could run out 8 wide receivers who can beat you.

I've even ignored Marvin Shinn who at 6' 4" 198 lbs if he ever learns body control could be a force in the middle.

The injuries we've suffered this year have been horrific but it's set up a lot of young players with massive playing time.
    BS 1989

2. Advertisement

Will Lacy return? Have'nt heard.

Re: AJ will return for senior season

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    What reports?
    I don't know about reports, but Fluker would be crazy to stay. He has a child, doesn't he? His stock is really high right now. He's played well all year.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSam1 View Post
    Will Lacy return? Have'nt heard.
    Cecil and others said today he is gone. Check the early departures thread.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

Just need to develop a wall of protection around him. Luckily, we've had lots of games that the back up OL has gotten valuable experience.
    RTR!

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The 7 words that Gus Malzahn and the Barn faithful did NOT want to hear: AJ WILL RETURN FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON!

RTR!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Im excited , we should have a really solid team next year...RTR
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I'm glad he's returning because it makes it easier to redshirt Bateman. Though he will surely compete for the #2 job and I'd be ok if he won it. The best players pay.
    Actually, if it's Bateman that wins the #2 spot I hope he doesn't redshirt and can get some valuable pt throughout the year which sets him up (if he wins the #2 spot) to be able to enter his sophomore year ready to play!

Of course, if it's Morris it won't matter if Bateman redshirts, but regardless play the best which is what CNS will do!

Re: AJ will return for senior season

In this offense I though AJ would not get his dues until his senior season. I think another year of mental maturity will do him justice too like it did manning. Many scouts want to see him without the present OL, and they will get their chance. His stock will only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    The 7 words that Gus Malzahn and the Barn faithful did NOT want to hear: AJ WILL RETURN FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON!

RTR!!
    Yeah, there was a thread on ITAT earlier discussing AJ leavening and they were about to wet on themselves they were so hopeful of it.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Cecil and others said today he is gone. Check the early departures thread.
    What others say doesn't mean a thing. When the players announce we will know.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    What others say doesn't mean a thing. When the players announce we will know.
    Would you say the same if these reporters were saying he was staying?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

With the weapons he will have at his disposal at wideout (Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones), Running Back (Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Tenpenny, Henry), and someone as athletic/versatile as O.J. Howard, I expect another phenomenal season. Adding a guy like Robert Foster would just be an extra layer of icing on the cake.

As far as the O-Line is concerned, we will lose 3 starters but I've been impressed with some of the 2nd teamers that have gotten quite a bit of playing time, namely, Arie Kouandjio and Kellen Williams. They will only improve with another offseason in the weightroom with Cochran, and going up against a Defensive Front every day in practice that should have a lot of talent and depth. I like the Offensive Lineman we have in our recruiting class already, and if we can add Tunsil and another lineman, it would be another case of "the rich getting richer."