Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Would you say the same if these reporters were saying he was staying?
    Yes I would. When they say one way or another as AJ did. I learned long ago to take what any reporter said with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by CullmanTide; December 12th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Yeah, there was a thread on ITAT earlier discussing AJ leavening and they were about to wet on themselves they were so hopeful of it.
    Not sure it would have mattered had he left - as far as the Auburn game is concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Roll Tide!
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think AJ will improve his draft stock with one more year. I say that knowing that Barkley probably hurt himself and that Murray probably wasted a year. I also think he is making a statement to encourage the high-flying juniors to enjoy college ball and grow under Saban for another year ... and may (whispers) another shot at a championship. The schedule sure looks enticing.

BamaNation First Team JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Now if only we can get Coach ....... naw, too tempting to say it, but I 'll leave it alone. Its great to hear AJ coming back back for his senior year. Should be interesting next year. I think the OL line will be okay. Coach always said that to win, you have to do your part.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody think that if AJ was concerned about CNS leaving that he'd already announced this? Just saying!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Coach Sabans best recruiting effort. We get to have an experienced 5 star QB an extra year. I realize he wasn't a 5 star coming out of high school but he should have been.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: AJ will return for senior season

Wow!! This is unbelievable!!! I cant wait.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    - General George Patton

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When you have this kind of talent, sometimes the best recruiting jobs come on the guys already on campus. This is one of those situations. 2013 sets up much better now because a veteran passer can ease the transition for those new linemen. I don't think those new linemen are going to be half-bad either. Kelly looked good as a backup to Barrett Jones and the options are pretty deep at LG and RT.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Barkley and Wilson peaked the year before, and made the mistake of coming back. I think AJ still has a lot to show and now he has another year to do it. If he wasn't injured this year, he might have gone. But he knows he wasn't able to play to his 100%.
    Roll Tide

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think AJ was talking about winning a Heisman or graduating college? He may already have a degree, not sure. Regardless, the worst he will ever do in life is be a bank VP or something like that as long as he is in Alabama. I think the team will owe it to AJ to open up the offense a bit more. Thinking along the lines of 3 and 4 wide with the talent on hand.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Jay Barker accomplished a lot, the NC and the his classes record.......but AJ could put himself on a pedestal that might never be duplicated. The youngsters today will view him like a rock star the rest of his life. He can write his ticket in Alabama. Even when he's 60 they will be rolling out the carpet.

He needs to ride his Bama legacy to it's fullist. I believe it will end up his most important accomplishments with any fanbase he has.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think McCarron has peaked in terms of development. I think it's unlikely he could have another season where he throws next to no interceptions. Of course, he threw only 5 in 13 games last season.

Also, I really think that the 2013 team has a higher ceiling than this year's and an easier schedule to boot. Almost every game that has some relevance comes after a bye or game(s) where we win getting off the bus. If we could keep Mosley, the defense has huge potential if we can get a 3rd corner to step up (Fulton, somebody!) to solidify the nickel look with Milliner gone. The linebackers would be a Senior Mosley and 3 other Juniors. Pagan replaces Square, Ivory for Williams, and Stinson as a Senior.

If the OL can do something like the 2009 unit and exceed expectations when everybody expected them to be a weak link...watch out for this team.