Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

I am THRILLED AJ is staying. Like some others, I had resigned myself to his leaving. I was not expecting this great news. Today, I woke up an uncharacteristically worried fan. Saban was on my mind with all the rumor news. Now, it seems like everything is coming together. I feel a lot better. Also, I can not help but think AJ was injured half way through the season and needed another year to help his draft status and show what he is capable of in good shape, barring any injuries next season.

2. Advertisement

Smart decision. With the receiving corps we return next year, AJ really has a chance to showcase his ability. The three peat is just icing on the cake!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Awesome news..With Amari headlining a stud gtoup of WR's coming back next year..Combined with what could be as good of a group of RB's we've ever had at Bama..Our offense should once again be among the best in college football next year..I can understand why all of college football hates us as much as they do..They might as well get used to our continued domination..The "Process" is only growing stronger..I'd hate us too if I were a rival fan..

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

I had the misfortune to listen to the " Laughing Hyena " Danny Kanell on ESPN radio making light of AJ's anouncement . Said he was anouncing he was coming back to the NFL . Well done AJ . You , my son , are a leader . I'm proud of you ! ROLL TIDE !

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Awesome news..With Amari headlining a stud gtoup of WR's coming back next year..Combined with what could be as good of a group of RB's we've ever had at Bama..Our offense should once again be among the best in college football next year..I can understand why all of college football hates us as much as they do..They might as well get used to our continued domination..The "Process" is only growing stronger..I'd hate us too if I were a rival fan..
    Yah, the OL will take a step back, but not too badly - we've got some crazy talent waiting for a shot. And getting Black, Bell, and White back will make the WR corps ridiculous.

And the defense will no longer be 'green' - 2013 will be to this year what 2011 was to 2010, imo.

With next year's schedule, wow, four in five years?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

I think his decision is a very wise one and he has a chance to really make some history for himself and Bama as well.
    Roll Tide AJ!

BamaNation All-American

Re: AJ will return for senior season

Great news for next season.

Starting off with a lot of new faces in our offensive line it'll be great to have a third year starting QB behind center....that definitly does nothing but helps us while they develop as a unit...

Looking forward, the team should be pretty solid again...

This actually turned around several weeks ago. Even at the beginning of the season, he was strong about going and, as has been mentioned, his father was pushing hard for it, whereas his mom was willing to go with Coach Saban's advice. CNS' advice all along has been that this was not his best year to come out. I think the injury mid-season was probably the final straw. I hope it's the right decision for both him and the team and I believe it is...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Best news I have heard in a while. It will give our young qb's a chance to learn and get better and watch someone who's been there. Thanks AJ

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    What others say doesn't mean a thing. When the players announce we will know.
    I don't think Eddie has any incentive to come back. Worse offensive line and more competition at RB. Plus, running backs need to get their money while they can. It'd be dumb to put another season's worth of miles on his body without being paid.

BamaNation All-SEC

YESSSS!!!! All the consternation about who would start next year can come to a close. While he may struggle more with a less experienced OL, this is fantastic news for us on the player development and "reloading" fronts!

BamaNation Second Team bama backer's Avatar

Big A Re: AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

What Great News - This kid was working hard for Alabama before he ever stepped on campus and has not slowed down. The timing of his announcement is great also. Thanks, A. J. ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season at Alabama

That WR corps will be a very very good one. If that offensive line shapes up, and it's a strong possibility it will, the offensive may be the best ever.